“While most of the world’s wealthiest people have earned their riches in radically different ways, they all share these valuable Habits” – Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
from Inc Zine 3/19 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
Success Topics: Mindset, Desire, Creativity, Work hard, Risk, Empathetic, Motivate, Focus, Priority, 80/20, Delegate, Meetings, Notebook, Energy, Morning, Home.
What separates the un-successful from the extremely successful? After examining and interviewing over 35 $B, the shared habits may be surprising to you. While many of the world’s wealthiest people have earned their riches in drastically different ways, they all share these Habits. Whether their success came from technology, oil, investments, or retail – these are common in every single case. Which Habits do you have or want?
1. Entrepreneurial mindset
Becoming a $B starts with thinking like one. The $B we spoke with emphasized their inclination towards finding their own path, creating their vision, & growing it to become a reality. Being able to blaze your own trail and create solutions is part of what $B attribute to their success.
2. Voracious desire/fire for $$$ & Success
It’s hard to satisfy a $B, and it was especially hard to satisfy them before they reached their pinnacle of wealth. Complacency and content are two of the most dangerous Habits for someone who wants to accumulate wealth. By always striving for more, $B are able to achieve their success.
New money doesn’t come from old ideas. All $B have the ability to innovate, create new ideas, and take common ideas and turn them them into success. This comes from finding problems, understanding user needs, & creating solutions to these problems.
4. Big-Picture thinking
Big ideas require big-picture thinking. $B are dreamers with a willingness to win is strong enough, for them to fight through every obstacle in their way.
5. Persistent Work Ethic
$B aren’t made overnight. Whether you have a great idea or the means to accomplish it, creating enormous wealth takes an equally enormous amount of effort sustained over a long time. Persistence & devoted energy over a sustained period of time is necessary to see your dream through fruition.
6. Risk Takers
Every $B has had to take some a big Risks at in there business. Elon Musk is known for investing all of his earnings from PayPal into Tesla & SpaceX, and in doing so “risked” everything. Yet in doing so, he put himself in a position to make a lot more money than he ever had before.
Successful people can make friends with anyone. To execute deals & grow business, you need to be able to get along with people. You also need to be able to connect with people and get them to cooperate with you. A $B’s ability to persuade & communicate with other people is pivotal to their ability to succeed.
8. Ability to Motivate Others
Being successful requires a talented Team to back you up. There is no person to ever make billions of $$$ without the help of other people. If you can motivate others to help you achieve your goals, you will be able to go immensely further than you would alone.
10. Coach-ability & 11. Hyper-focus
Nobody is born with the ability to do everything on their own. Therefore, to be Successful, you need to learn the basics from other people, and find Mentors who appeal to your goals. At the same time, $B are able to hyper-focus on one task or one goal at a time, until that goal is completed.
from Talent Smart 3/19 enhanced by Peter, Wiz4.biz
- Focus on #1 Priority at the time. Ultra-productive people know what their “Most Important Task” is and work on it for one to two hours each morning, without interruptions. What task will have the biggest impact on reaching your goals? What accomplishment will get you promoted at work? That’s what you should dedicate your mornings to every day.
- follow the 80/20 Rule. In most cases, 80% of our results come from only 20% of our activities. Ultra-productive people know which activities drive the greatest results. Focus on those and do the others when you absolutely have to or you can squeeze them in.
- Delegate everything you can. Ultra-productive people don’t ask, “How can I do this task?” Instead, they ask, “How can this task get done?” They don’t have control issues, and they are not micro-managers. In many cases, “Good enough is, well, Good enough”.
- avoid Meetings at all costs. Mark Cuban said; “Never go to a Meeting unless someone is writing you a check.” LoL Meetings are notorious time killers. They start late, have the wrong people in them, meander around the topics, & run too long. You should get out of meetings – whenever you can and hold fewer of them yourself. If you do run a meeting, keep it short and to the point.
- use a Notebook. Richard Branson has said that he wouldn’t have been able to build Virgin Co’s without a simple Notebook, (not Notebook computer) hard copy. He takes it with him wherever he goes. In one interview, Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis said, “Always carry a Notebook. Write everything down” Ultra-productive people free their minds by writing everything down as the thoughts come to them – so they don’t forget.
- Energy is everything. You can’t make more minutes in the day, but you can increase your energy to increase your attention, focus, and productivity. Highly successful people don’t skip meals, sleep, or breaks in the pursuit of more, more, more. Instead, they view food as fuel, sleep as recovery, and breaks as opportunities to recharge in order to get even more done.
- practice a consistent Morning Routine. The single greatest surprise from interviewing over 200 highly successful people was how many of them wanted to share their morning ritual. Most nurtured their Bodies in the morning with water, a healthy breakfast, and light exercise, and they nurtured their Minds with meditation or prayer, inspirational reading, or journaling.
- make it Home for Dinner. Intel’s Andy Grove said, “There is always more to be done, more that should be done, always more than can be done.” Highly successful people know what they value in life. Yes, work, but also what else they value. There is no right answer, but for many, these other values include family time, exercise, and giving back. They consciously allocate their time to each area they value (i.e., they put them on their Schedule), and then they stick to it.
Short Strategies for Success
- Figure out what you’re so Passionate about that you’d be happy doing it forever
- Never stop Learning about what you love and improving how you do it.
- Focus on Work-Life integration, so you’ll be happy in both.
- Maximize your life for happiness, not money or status.
- If you do Good; Good will come back to you.
- Focus on building Relationships/Friendships where you can share your triumphs & trials.
- Values and Ethics always come first.
- Gather sufficient info; then let your Intuition make the final decision.
- The truth may be cold & hard, but it’s the first step on the path to reality & hope.
- Live your life near full throttle. Take calculated Risks !!!
Comments: Do you know any other Habits to be a Success?
For more Info, click on Success.