from UI Palette.com 02 Aug 14 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Benefits. Shared workspaces, incubators, and accelerators form a wide range of organizations, all offering tons of benefits – relevant new industry contacts, mentorship, access to investors, & innumerable spontaneous creative opportunities (as well as a physical place to work). It’s this fundamental underlying process of creating & exporting value (in an open, sharing-economy-positive way) that these below communities facilitate, encourage, foster & grow.
Three Bay Areas were targeted, so we’ve created 3 un-ordered lists of Incubators in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, & the East Bay. The Bay Area is a uniquely amazing place in this world to be an independent professional (freelancer and/or entrepreneur), so you can keep a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in Earth’s Tech Mecca.
San Francisco Incubators
1. GreenStart is an incubator focusing on disruptive ideas that are renewable, sustainable, & profitable. “We are a venture Design studio. We help Startups change the World”.
2. AngelPad – Pledging to help entrepreneurs build better products, AngelPad has expanded from San Francisco to New York as well.
3. i/o Ventures is an incubator & café boldly carving out a totally unique niche in SOMA. Inviting the community in every day for coffee is a great way to build ties with where you are, and whether or not you like espresso.
4. RocketSpace is a dynamic, innovative incubator in SOMA hosting a dozen or so seed-funded startups. It has regular events, to check them out & get to know them.
5. The Alchemist Accelerator is a Incubator exclusively for startups whose revenue comes from enterprise clients.
6. PariSoma is an incubator and co-working space. They frequently host events, and along with faber Novel, they are leaders in their respective fields.
7. Matter is a media-focused incubator with the goal of building tomorrow’s media organizations from scratch. It has a branch in NYC, and occasionally hosts events in SF.
8. Runway is an incubator with a very active events calendar & membership.
9. Digital Garage (DG717) is a new startup incubator, bridging the tech communities in Japan, Hong Kong, & USA. It act as a Hub to connect companies, new talent, partners & investors, to foster a community of innobvation & growth.
10. Sandbox Suites is an shared working space (with a strong enough community to qualify as a casual incubator) with five locations in the Bay Area, in South Park of San Francisco (their original location), SOMA, by Union Square, in Berkeley, and in Santa Clara.
[ Silicon Valley & East Bay Incubators in next Blog of Premium Content ]