“Success is to be measured – not so much by the position that one has reached in life – as by the obstacles which have been triumphed” – Booker T. Washington
Success Topics: Focus, Ask, Mentor, Reality Road, Drama, Control, Attention, Pre-Active, Break, Choices, Emotion, Express, Mission, Exercise, Forgive, Grateful, Inspiration, Relax, Nature, Eat + more.
How do you do it? A challenging question, no doubt, for many of us when things go wrong. Seeing an obstacle as an opportunity is probably the last thing we think about – when you face it. How much more can we take after all? We lose our keys, our car breaks down when we are in a hurry, we have an accident, we are about to present to a major client and they cancel. We find ourselves with these from one day to the next. The examples are endless. We all have our own story and definition for obstacles, yet we all know what they are and we all experience them! The greater the obstacle however, the greater the opportunity!
__ Tips for turning Obstacles & Challenges into Opportunities for Growth & Success?
- Focus on what you enjoy. Follow your passions. Do as many as time allow. Your passions healing & motivating.
- Never Give Up! The greatest achievements come from incredible obstacles. In fact, the greater the goal, the greater the obstacles.
- Think of challenges as opportunities to learn & grow. Challenges will help you grow on the way to your dreams.
- When Challenges occur, keep trying to solve it, look for the opportunity, if your intuition feels right about it. Learn the lessons involved, and make changes to improve.
- Ask the right question. If something happens, how about asking, “How can I solve this?” Asking for a solution will open up your mind to inspiration and suddenly you become resourceful! Solutions start to pour in. It is important to refrain from unhelpful questions like “Why me?”
- Mentoring. Usually you’ll receive support, if you ask for help. Look for opportunities to help & encourage others.
- Life is full of Ambiguity, Opposites, False Info, etc. How do we know we have lost our Vision, unless we honestly define our distractions?
- Get back on the Reality Road. When we stop seeing things as good or bad, and simply see them as they are, we are able to let go of our judgments. That makes our access to opportunity out of obstacles so much easier.
- Say NO to Drama. When obstacles come up, instead of going into a panic, take a deep, long breath and look at the situation calmly.
- Altho’ we may like to, we cant control all people, places or things. We can only control our responses. Therefore naming, shaming or blaming does not serve us. What serves us is our personal awareness & accountability. We are, after all, responsible for our own lives.
- You are your Attention. When challenges come up, do you look at the problem or the solution? Knowing how powerful our thoughts are, can we really afford to focus our attention on the negative?
- 12. be Pre-Active. to put your thoughts into Action. When you think of it, do it !!! Use your Intuition & Intellect to plan & execute.
- Take a Break. When you work too long, the mental efficiency of your thinking goes down. Get up from that computer every 20-30 minutes. Take a short walk or do something else physical. That will bring your mental efficiency back up to it’s full capacity.
- We become our Choices. It is important to become aware of our choices, if we wish to transform obstacles. We all make many, many choices everyday, even when we don’t think it will have a consequence. By making conscious choices, we can always check in and ask, “Is this helpful to me and/or others”? Our Intuition is amazing when we train it, then listen to it.
15 Allow your Emotions to emerge. Do not let anger or depression to get locked inside your body. Find a good way to express it, so you can look at it more objectively.
- Express yourself. Do not hold all your thoughts internally. Use journaling, art, conversations, dancing, networking, etc, to release that you need & support.
- Learn to Love who we are, by recognizing that we too, are full of opposites and they are all valid. It gives us the confidence to handle any situation that comes up with the confidence we will do our best.
- We are all a Part of the Whole. Humans share the need to love & be loved. Whatever the event, collaborating with others – rather than attacking them – will bring positive results and new opportunities.
- Periodically, think about your Mission in this life. Look for opportunities to use it. Feel the satisfaction of using it to help others.
- Exercise to raise your Energy level and get more blood flow to your brain – which will help it function better..
- Listen, to your body, intuition and those you hear for good guidance that you can use to succeed.
- Forgive if you carry negative feelings. Care about others. Help them to heal. Love others. Love yourself.
- Be grateful for every experience, because it has made you the person you are today. In hindsight, we always see the reason for things. Hopefully, you keep making better decisions all the time.
- Inspiration is the key to transforming Obstacles. It is readily accessible when you are in the right frame of mind – focusing on the your goals.
- Relax more frequently. The body actually needs to rest and restore to help you navigate through your challenges.
- Give yourself some Quiet time. Silence combined with stillness is very powerful for healing, including with new insights. The noise of your daily life will go away, allowing new ideas to come thru.
- Spend time in Nature for Nurture. Take walks. Relax, feel the peacefulness of the earth, and let it warm your sole.
- Eat healthy for countless benefits –which can even increase your awareness, including clarity in your mind & energy level.
- Explore and define aspects of your feelings, thoughts, and beliefs, as well as your ego. Compare them to your actions. Cultivate what you know about your patterns, good and bad, and learn how to improve how you handle them.
- Develop & maintain Integrity – with others & yourself. Improve your consistency with what you think, feel, say, & do. Be true to yourself.
Comments: do you have any other Tips on turning Obstacles into Opportunities?
Integration of Leaders in Heals & Mind Body Posts 7/18 by Peter, CXO Wiz4.biz
For more Info,. click on Success.