from Managing American.com 06 Aug 13 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 05/14
Why are these Important? It doesn’t matter if you are a Founder, CEO/Company President, Operations Manager, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing Mgr/Director or “name your title”… the need for “continuous improvement” in any position is universal, so is the skillset necessary to stand above the rest. When you look at successful people, there are four (4) skills these individuals share in common: the ability to: 1) Lead, 2) Manage, 3) Perform (get the job done) & 4) Communicate Effectively (goals, instructions)
You can develop these 4 Essential Skills, if you make a pro-active effort to continuously improve, you can be successful too. This 4-pronged skillset applies to your position, no matter what your title or level in the hierarchy. It will improve the long-term aspects of your organization, and the quality of your short-term results.
Why not just Focus on just 1 Skill? You could, and that would bring you value, but each skill is related to one another. The key is to address all 4 Essential Skills. Together they will make you a more effective professional, better able to solve problems and get things done.
What Results can you “expect” from Developing these Skills?
1. Others will be “interested” in what you have to say.
2. They will “take action” upon your request.
3. You will have “clarity” as to why things happen in your organization or department, and what value you bring to the big picture.
4. You will develop a “reputation” for being “reliable”.
5. You will be able to create “mutually beneficial relationships” with others.
6. You will be able to get things done through effective “collaboration”.
7. Your work & efforts will be “known & respected”.
8. Your Input will be “requested & valued” by others.
9. Your work will be “relevant” within your organization and your field.
10. You will become “more confident”, no matter what the circumstance.
11. You will be able to “work with virtually everyone”, no matter their personality.
12. You will be better able to “learn”, understand concepts and use new information to improve yourself.
[ What makes these 4 Skills “essential” to your Success? #1 Leadership Ability, #2 Management Ability, #3 Outstanding Job Performance & #4 Communication Skills, in Premium Content ]