15 Content Secrets from top Social Media Experts
The best and brightest took the stage at Social Fresh 2016. Here’s what they shared.
Social Media Topics: Message, Different, Personality, People, Quality, Attention, Focus, Trust, Planning.
Social Fresh 2016 in Orlando is where I had the pleasure of speaking last week. I shared some insights about creating relevant content to the audience of Marketers, Social Media managers & Entrepreneurs. As a professional speaker, I get to travel the world, make genuine connections with so many talented people, and grow my own personal brand. But I also get to attend the sessions by the other incredibly talented speakers and learn right along with the other Social Media conference attendees.
most “Tweet-able Quotes & wisest Insights from the experts who took the stage at Social Fresh 2016 are compiled here. You can apply their wisdom to your social media accounts, your marketing strategy, and your entire business.
1. “Build the Message first; the Social Media second.” If you don’t know what you’re going to say, don’t worry about how you’re going to say it yet. Focus on your message, your goal and your story, then determine the best way to get that out into the world.
2. “Give them what they “want & need”, not just what you’re willing to give them.” It’s easy to get lost in your own goals, both as marketers & entrepreneurs. But your audience isn’t interested in everything you have to say, so focus on those Social Media messages and stories that best serve them.
3. “It’s good to be the great; It’s better to be different.” A lot of things are good. But all those good things will begin to blend together – if they’re not differentiated. Don’t aim to be one of several “good” options, or even one of several “great” options. Aim to be the “only” option, because you’re the one that offers a different solution, approach or value.
4. “Personality is the “Window to the Soul” of your Product.” If you want to bring customers into your confidence and show them who you are, then they need to know who you are, not just what you do. Showing your personality through your tone, voice, style, passion & more provides a great pathway for letting your team and potential consumers get to know you.
5. “People are drawn to other People.” Ads with people in them, tend to attract more attention than those without. Don’t hide behind a product, logo or mascot. Be honest, be yourself & be transparent about who you are. That’ why it’s called Social Media.
6. “Quantity is not Quality; More is not Better.” For your social posts, your business and anything else, only commit to & execute on as much as you can reasonably do well. Anything more than that isn’t helping you achieve all of your goals.
7. “Every time you communicate, you’re either adding value or taking up space.” Be careful about what you put out on Social Media, whether it’s a Tweet, Blog post or a blast of your Email list. Everything you share sends a message about who you are.
8. “If you want to get Attention, you have to be more interesting than other Social Media content.” There is no shortage of things to read, video content to watch, games to play, apps to download, audio listen to, things to buy or places to visit. If you truly want consumers to pay attention to you, then you need to be better than the next best option.
9. “Attention is like Water. You can’t always control it, but you can guide it.” It’d be great if you could get your Social Media audience to see everything you want them to see, click everything you want them to click, & buy everything you want them to buy. But you can’t. What you can do is offer value, respects their preferences, & give clear pathways & options for the next steps.
10. “If it doesn’t make people “Care, Share or Swear”, it’s boring.” Emotional content that creates an emotional reaction in your audience– is some of the most remembered and engaged with. Create social Posts, Blogs and other Content that connects with the audience emotionally.
11. “Focus on one main Message”. If you try to try to do too many at once, you won’t be successful at any of your objectives. So many entrepreneurs create products or services that try to be “everything to everyone”, and wind up be “nothing to anyone”. Keep focused and you’ll make greater progress toward that product successful.
12. “People trust their friends & family 5x > your Product message.” Create something worth talking about, then enlist the help of influencers to spread your message, so its better received, and accepted. Be remarkable, and let Word-of-Mouth marketing drive you forward. You might even go “viral”.
13. “Planning is Sexy.” There’s nothing cool about “winging it” & falling flat. Take time to plan out your Social posts as well as your broader business & marketing strategy.
14. “If you have to work hard to Convince someone to work with you, it’s probably not the right fit.” You want to find influencers to promote your product. But this could just as easily apply to your business partners, vendors, customers or investors. No amount of passion on your side will make up for a lack of it in the other person.
15. “Acknowledge your Mistakes, and show how you’re “making up” for them.” While you might want to bury your head in the sand when something goes wrong, own up to your errors and speak openly about how you’re working to resolve them, or prevent them from happening again.
Comments: Do you have any other Secrets – you’ve used – to get more traffic on your Social Media?
from INC Zine 24 Aug 16 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4bz