There are some truths you only learn the hard way. How hard is mostly up to you on your path to success.
Success Topics: Take Risks, When to Act, Knowledge, Shut up & Listen, Face Reality, Focus on what you do best, Favorites, Success, Decisions, Genuine.
Some say “Youth is wasted on the young. Others say “Wisdom is wasted on the old. If you play your cards right, you can avoid both pitfalls to have success.
We all start out young & dumb. That is the nature of life. We learn as we go. We grow through trial & error. Experience brings maturity & wisdom . . . hopefully before you’re too old to benefit from it. That’s the goal. That’s how you avoid those cynical predictions.
Now, I have to be honest with you. I learned these things through my own personal experience. I’m not at all sure there’s any other way to learn them. On the outside chance that reading them will help accelerate the process to success, I offer them to you. God speed.
1. Take Risks. You’re not entitled to much of anything in this world, and that’s a good thing. You won’t enjoy or appreciate anything that’s handed to you. There’s no greater joy or achievement than taking a chance and working hard to see it pay off.
2. When to Act. There are times to take action and times to sit quietly & observe. Figuring out which situation calls for which response, is the most important recurring decision we make each day of our lives to assure success.
3. How little you know. When you’re young, you think you have everything figured out. At some point, you come to realize that you don’t. Eventually, you figure out that you don’t know very much at all. Do something about it, if you want to be a success. Research or study so you’re more knowledge-able, and can make better decisions.
4. Shut up & Listen. People spend more time talking, tweeting, texting, sharing, updating, posting, commenting & lecturing others than ever before. Most of the time, they’re trying desperately to get attention, feel good about themselves, distract themselves or act out. They’re not actually learning or accomplishing a thing.
5. Face Reality. Unrealistic wishes, whimsical dreams, & fantasies are great for when you’re young, but when you’re all grown up, the sooner you learn to face what life throws at you and the consequences of your own behavior, the better. Good things do not come to those who just wish things were different. They go out and do something about it. They have a passion for success.
6. Focus on what you’re good at. Too many people try to be good at too many things. Either that, or they make definitive choices based on limited information. Both are flawed strategies. You learn through trial & error what you’re good at and enjoy doing. Find those few things and focus on being the best at it to enable success.
7. Focus on you Favorites. Too many people try to be good at too many things. Either that, or they make definitive choices based on limited information. Both are flawed strategies. You learn through trial & error what you’re good at and enjoy doing. Find that one thing and focus on being the best at it.
8. Success sometimes is the Enemy. Success sometimes breeds over-confidence & excessive pride. It can cause you to ignore facts & cut corners. It also attracts competitors. For those reasons, success can be your own enemy. When everything is going great, look out for obstacles in the road.
9. Make better Decisions. This may come as a shock, but there is only one thing in this world that you have control over: Your own Decisions. That’s it. The only way for you to change the outcome of your life is by making better choices. That’s what matters most on your path to success.
10. Be Genuine. Nobody ever made it big by trying to be like someone else. Following others’ habits, routines, principles, or way of life just makes you a clone. You can admire and learn from them, but have the courage to carve your own path. Stay true to yourself and be the genuine “best you, you can be.
“I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estee Lauder, Perfume
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan, Basketball Star
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
“Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity.” – Steve Jobs
“Failure is just a resting place. It is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
“Embrace bad news, to learn where you need the most improvement.” – Bill Gates
“Success is a poor teacher. We learn the most about ourselves when we fail, so don’t be afraid of failing. Failing is part of the process of success. You cannot have success without failure.” – Rich Dad
“Follow your instincts, that’s where true wisdom manifest itself.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Share your success and help others succeed. Give everyone a chance to have a piece of the pie. If the pie’s not big enough, make a bigger pie.” – Dave Thomas, Wendys
“Whether you believe you can or cant, you’re right”. – Henry Ford
Comments: Do you know any other Lessons a person should learn to have a successful Life & Business?
from Startup World 21 Sept 16 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz