“We live in a culture exquisitely dependent on technology, in which most people hardly know anything about technology. It’s your mission to help them”– Carl Sagan, Science Visionary
Topics: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality), Digital Tech, Intelligent apps, Digital Twins, Adaptive Security, more Intelligent things.
Technology is moving at a faster pace than at any other time in history. As we get into 2017, the Tech Trends will be to experience the most huge change yet and have the greatest effect on our lives.
Cloud, Mobile & Big Data have, together, changed the very texture of traditional Information Technology [IT] services & programming development. Indeed, even as the worldwide IT industry re-evaluates itself to come with new computerized realities, a great many old IT & tech companies around the globe confront imminent extinction, and others are starting new companies. Some Techie Companies have hoped for new IT products or services. 2017 will be the year of enhancing old & starting new businesses in the new tech world – divided by the $ 4.0 trillion Cloud Computing & Big Data Analytics market. Possibly some of the old tech trends will continue into 2017, but be much more advanced than previous years.
Here are top 10 Tech Trends you will see in 2017:
1. AI will improve Customer Service thru CRM. Clearly, Artificial Intelligence [AI] is one of the biggest tech trends right now, and anyone with solid tech startup ideas in the area of Machine Learning has the potential to go after big startup Investment rounds, as well as to be acquired by the likes of Google, SalesForce or Apple – all of which have acquired more than 40 tech start-ups related to AI. Machine Learning:
- becomes one of the strongest Cyber-Security tools available
- continues to be an essential tool in fighting increasingly complex Hacking schemes.
- when it comes to FinTech and the potential draining of billions from bank accounts, AI will be even more important to combat increasingly complex attacks.
Engineers must be careful to track how their systems behaviors respond to security threats, however, or risk missing out on uncovering exactly which vulnerabilities exist.
2. Machine Learning [ML]. If there is one trend that is expected to dominate Cloud Vendor priorities in this year it is Machine Learning. All three of the major Vendors made big announcements in 2016 related to this field. a) Google released TensorFlow, an open source machine-learning platform. b)Microsoft introduced a cloud-based platform for machine learning & c) Amazon announced 3 new Machine Learning services at it’s re:Invent conference. Expect the flow of ML & AI development to continue into 2017, with this technology becoming easier for everyday developers to use and integrate into applications they’re building atop these Cloud platforms.
3. VR (Virtual Reality) Tech will help businesses attract new Customers in a new way – AR (Augmented Reality)
Virtual Reality probably will improve in hardware and the ways we interact with the virtual environments. Among the trends affecting startup business there will definitely be VR/AR phenomena. Consider some of the other uses:
- It’s no accident that Facebook purchased production of the VR Oculus Rift headset. It is obviously anticipating that commercial media using the platform will be a 360-degree photo and video content.
- Handicapped people may have access to VR in order to “travel” and engage with family members who are far away.
- VR will probably be used by business startups who have remote workers and have a need in them to be a “part of” the office environment. Thus, employees will be virtually in-house.
Immersive technologies, such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), transform the way individuals interact with one another and with software systems. The landscape of immersive consumer & business content & applications will evolve dramatically through 2021. VR/AR capabilities will merge with the digital Mesh to form a more seamless system of devices capable of orchestrating a flow of information that comes to the user as hyper personalized and relevant apps & services. Integration across multiple Mobile, Wearable, Internet of Things (IoT) & sensor-rich environments will extend immersive applications beyond isolated & single-person experiences. VR/AR app development companies will be booming in 2017. Rooms & spaces will become active with things, and their connection through the Mesh will appear and work in conjunction with immersive virtual worlds.
4. Digital Technology platforms. Every organization will have some mix of these five digital technology platforms in upcoming year 2017. The platforms provide the basic building blocks for a digital business and are a critical enabler to become a digital business.
5. Intelligent apps, such as Virtual Personal Assistant [VPA] perform some of the functions of a human assistant making everyday tasks easier (ie, by prioritizing Emails), and its users more effective (by highlighting the most important content & inter-actions). Other intelligent apps such as Virtual customer Assistants (VCAs) are more specialized for tasks in areas such as sales & customer service. As such, these Intelligent apps have the potential to transform the nature of work & structure of the workplace.
6. New way of Communicating: with Mobile apps, IoT apps, Web apps with peers. New devices that can transmit Data at longer distances with less energy.
7. Companies will use Digital Twins to display products. Intelligent things
8. Adaptive Security. Today, innovation in technology is emerging at a rapid pace. In this regard, all these above mentioned exciting Tech Trends of this year should be checked out. These trends have the capability to change the way business works.
9. Cheaper Smart-lights & Smart-appliances from more companies. We’ll be seeing more protocols & platform integrations. Check out for technologies that start using LPWAN or Bluetooth 5.
10. more Intelligent things are at the intersection of AI & IoT(Internet of Things) and are among top strategic trends for 2017. (ie, Blockchain for tracking the Transactions
Comments: Do you know any Tech Trends you are expecting for 2017?
from I am Wired.com 17 Jan 17 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz