QUOTES: “Your mission is like a magnet that keeps you moving in the right direction toward your Vision”
“A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in.”
“Do what you love & success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a truly successful career.”
“Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress – by making it happen.”
“Chase the Vision, not the money; the money will end up finding you.”
50 Reasons to Start Your Own Business
Why Start a Biz? Passion, Flex, Change, Create, Network, Team, Help, Expert, $$$, Challenges, Delegate, Give-Back, Community, Mentor, Learn, Inspire, Fulfillment, Dreams + +
Lifelong Dream. Some people are destined to be Entrepreneurs. From the time they get through school, they’re hungry to start a business and lead it to success, and they’ll stop at nothing to make that dream a reality.
or Nightmare. For others, starting a business is a scary, intimidating notion. There are too many unknowns to take the plunge. But if you’re considering starting a Business, don’t forget all the “benefits” that go along with it:
- Pursue your passion. You can do what makes you happy.
- Flexibility. Work your own hours.
- Change the World. It may seem like a lofty goal for you right now, but your business really could.
- Be in Charge. Nobody else is going to set the rules. Only you are.
- Set your own Deadlines. No more last-minute rushing unless you “want” to do it.
- Sell how you want to Sell. Online? In person? Inbound? Outbound? It’s your call.
- Create your own Environment. You can set the formality, values & culture of your organization.
- Create something from nothing. Watch your organization grow from start to finish.
- Meet new “outstanding” People. Network with other entrepreneurs & creators.
- Build a Team. You decide “who” to hire and bring into your company to make it Gr8.
- Create Jobs. Improve the economy with new job & exciting opportunities.
- Help people. Use products & services to improve people’s lives.
- Become an Expert. Learn the ropes of your industry through first-hand experience.
- Invest in Yourself. You take the risk, and you’ll get the rewards.
- Make more $$$. If you want a pay raise, you can give yourself one, when the Cash starts to flow.
- Financial Independence. No one else is signing your paychecks.
- Tax Benefits. Write off almost all of your expenses except “self-employment tax.”
- New Challenges every day. Find new ways to stimulate your mind.
- Get exposed to new Cultures. Discover new perspectives & approaches.
- Discover/Create new fields. Delve deeper into your industry & discover or create new niches.
- Create an Asset. Give yourself something sellable to hedge your bets.
- Connect with your Clients. Forge real, personal connections the are enjoyable & beneficial.
- Delegate boring Tasks. Don’t do anything you don’t want to. Take the high road. You’re the Visionary !!!
- You are no long just Working. You are doing things you enjoy; following your Passion.
- You’ll have the power to Give-Back. You’ll have the power and flexibility to donate time or money to worthy causes you care about.
- Get more “involved “ in your Community. Participate actively in your local Community to use your talent for good.
- Improve your Industry. by pushing your industry forward with new innovations & ideas.
- Get a Mentor. Meet valuable, insightful mentors and learn from them – so you can “Be all you were meant to be”.
- Become a Mentor. Take your own knowledge & experience, and help someone else achieve their Dreams.
- Learn new Skills. Always pursue learning new things – so you can improve your business & yourself.
- Attend new Classes, Events & Seminars. to constantly to stay updated, improve your skills and apply them.
- Have as big an Office as you want. If you want the biggest office in your workplace – it’s yours when the Cash Flows.
- Work from Anywhere. Work from office, home, office or traveling – so you can enjoy life as much as possible.
- Consider the option for multiple Ventures. Start another business after you’ve scaled your first business.
- Gain that valuable Entrepreneurial experience. Being an entrepreneur makes you a better professional in almost any position.
- Get recognized. Start earning Name Recognition and build a reputation – which will add to your credibility.
- Get things done faster. Look for ways to improve the efficiency of your operations.
- Build a “personal” Brand. Take the time to develop your personal brand, to be recognized as an Expert and tie it into your Business/s.
- Exercise your Creativity. On a regular basis (ie, once a week) do something creative (ie, look for new ways of doing things, new opportunities)
- Inspire Others. Serve as a Role-Model for your Team & others to follow be more creative. Listen to their ideas.
- Reduce/Eliminate your Commute. Work from home when you can or find an office / facility closer to your home.
- Have more Job Stability. Never worry about being laid off or fired – if you’re doing the right things to grow your Biz.
- Be Proud & feel Fulfilled. Take pride in the work you’re doing – which is solving a problem & meeting a need.
- Achieve your Dreams. If you’ve ever dreamed of being wildly successful, this is your opportunity.
- Learn to “accept” Failure. Even if you fail, you’ll get new skills and more experience you never had before. Edison failed 10,000 times. Bill Gates learns more from failure.
- Have a “great” Story to tell. It will be a fun story for your grandchildren one day – to tell and be proud of. You’ll probably inspire them too !!!
- Leave something Behind. Pass the business down to your children and grandchildren.
- Resources are plentiful. With the dominance of the Internet, it’s easier than ever to find resources you need, including startup capital, loans, grants & mentors.
- There’s nothing Stopping you. What’s really keeping you from being an entrepreneur? Of course there are risks, but there’s nothing forcing you not to take them.
- More spare time (eventually). Spend more time with your family & friends. But note: This is only applicable once your business is established and you have employees handling the majority of necessary responsibilities. Don’t expect to have more spare time until you reach this point. In fact, expect to have much less, because you’re spending all your time growing your Business.
Conclusion: If you want to become an entrepreneur, there’s nothing really holding you back, but yourself. Take the leap, and lead the company you’ve always wanted to.
Comments: Do you know of any other Benefits of Starting a Business?
fm Entrepreneur Zine 11/20 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
For more Info, click on Startup.
+ 2 more Examples of Reasons why Founders / Entrepreneurs started their own Business
fm CEO Blog 4 Nation 11/20 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
Reasons: To Care, Dreamers, Focus, Free, Freedom, Heart, Passion, Products
Each business has a story. No matter if the business is a giant like Wal-Mart, or a local business owned by a couple or family, the business has roots in an idea. For each business owner, the story of their journey can range from $$$ needs to the passion for a unique idea. Each story is different – though some of the reasons may be the same. No matter the tale, the background behind each and every business is what fires each one. We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses:
#1- To Care & make Aware
Our pre-covid business (Welcome Box) was to serve the short term rental community, like Airbnb, with Hospitality boxes that enhance guest stays. We have since adapted (with Snacks n Chill) to focus on helping businesses boost morale by sending Care packages to employees with healthy and delicious snacks directly to their homes. The boxes are filled with healthy and sustainable snacks & refreshments from up and coming brands.
#2- Give Dreamers a “Fighting chance”
In HS I was a straight “A” student, 4.3 GPA, salutatorian, cheerleader, class secretary. That was until I got pregnant toward the end of my senior year. So many people counted me out, I heard so many times that I had thrown my life away and to kiss all of the hard work I had done my entire life goodbye, because it meant nothing. While this doubt could have made me shrink back in the despair everyone expected, it ignited something in me. I worked full time, went to school at night, barely slept, went thru a bout of being homeless, but I did not give up !!! I used that doubt to double-down on creating a life that I deserved, not one that had been prescribed to me because of my circumstances. I went on to complete 3 degrees, create multiple businesses, work for some of the largest companies in the world, and live the life of my dreams. I started my company to give all of the other Dreamers, the mis-understood, the unsupported who’ve been told to give up and just work a 9 to 5, a fighting chance to launch their ideas into the world and live their dream lives too !!!
#3- Focus on what you Love
A few years ago, I broke my ankle in a freak accident and had to undergo major surgery. At the time, I was free-lancing as a Personal Trainer while working full time in the Care industry. Since I couldn’t walk, during the many months of painful physio, I had nothing to do but think & plan my future. It made me realize that all I really wanted to focus on was what I loved: Fitness. I was also tired of working for other people and craved a new challenge. So, when I was finally back on my feet – quite literally – I took the plunge. I started by hiring a few Personal Trainers and rented space in a Gym – where they could train our Clients. Then I focused on marketing my business and slowly growing it. We opened a studio in London last year – it was an amazing milestone.
#4- A Decision based on 2 things = Freedom
After watching several rounds of Layoffs at the large Energy company I worked for, I decided two things. 1st, I didn’t want to leave my job on someone else’s terms. And 2nd, I didn’t want to rely on working for others as my primary source of income. With both of these in mind, I began to plan my Exit Strategy by saving money, as well as starting my own Blog and a couple of other side-hustles. These actions prepared me to leave on my own terms and no longer rely on others for employment. Fortunately for me, a round of voluntary separations came along when I was ready to make my move, and I was able to receive a Severance Package for leaving a job I had already planned to quit. The freedom that running my own business provides is priceless.
#5- Desire to be Free
That’s what gets me up every morning.: Since I was little, I dreamed of being “free”. But I always had a bad feeling for the future, because my father always came home from work stressed out and told me how exhausting the day was today and that the same will happen to me soon. These were no positive future prospects for me. So after I got my first jobs as an employee (which were horrible for me), I decided to do everything I could to live my own life and be free. So I founded “Vital Generation” to become independent and live the life that suits me much better; namely, to have the certainty every day that I am not being controlled by others and that I have a business that I can identify in & grow with.
#6- For Freedom
1) I craved freedom to be responsible for my own salary – not have someone else set it. 2) I craved freedom to gain the Clients I loved working with, rather than having Clients assigned to me. 3) I craved freedom to hustle 50-60 hours every week on my own Schedule, rather than work a set 40 hours a week on someone else’s schedule.
#7- Reach their Heart; then teach their Mind
Too many kids are leaving our classrooms feeling like they are not enough, because the things that are good at – aren’t always valued in school. As a former struggling reader turned 4th-grade Teacher & Curriculum Director, this is exactly why I launched my educational consulting & speaking business, “Strobel Education”. I am passionate about re-imagining our Education system and not letting kids fall victim to a system that doesn’t demonstrate all the different ways one can be intelligent & contribute positively to their world. I am driven to purposely ensure that every single student knows they are loved & valued + have meaning in this world.
#8- From my Passion to Help people “Be all they can Be !!!
I started our business and took the leap to become an entrepreneur, because I am so passionate about seeing people get ahead in their careers. I believe that: “If you find something that you love to do – you never work a day in your life” After two decades as an Executive Recruiter placing people into senior Executive positions and working as a Career Strategist, the next logical step was an online platform where we could scale up & help more people succeed. It’s fantastic to see our Graduates get promoted, get pay rises & more perks at work. I couldn’t be happier that we started the Path to Promotion “learning & development” Academy. You have to be prepared to work harder than you ever have before – but the reward is worth it!
#9- Create a Product that fulfilled a Need
I co-founded “goTenna”, because I wanted to solve a problem that I cared about. I was someone who loved going to Music Festivals and was tired of getting separated from my friends. I wanted to solve this problem and couldn’t find anything on the market that worked. I knew many others had this same issue, and the problem extended to much more serious situations like natural disasters. I didn’t start “goTenna” because I wanted to run a company, I started it because I wanted to create a product that fulfilled a need that I was passionate about. Starting a company is incredibly difficult, so to make it, you need to be there for the right reason. You need to have a passion for what you are creating and bringing into the world. For aspiring entrepreneurs out there, I often tell them that passion for a product is what should drive them to start a company. It shouldn’t be the other way around where you start a company, because you want to own a company. I’ve rarely seen it work out that way. I see too many people driven by the desire to be a CEO/Founder, as opposed to making something awesome. Go for awesome !!!