“What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Starting a business is a lot like jumping out of an airplane and assembling the parachute on the way down.”
Starting a Business Topics: Who are you? Become an Expert in your Industry, Network, Just do it !!! Start now !!!
If you’re thinking about starting a business don’t just read this and move on. Make sure you figure out the answer to each question, so that you understand not only your personal goals, but also your business goals. The more you understand the leap you are about to make into starting a business, the better chances it will be a successful one.
Step 1: Who are you?
1. What do you spend your money on?
2. What do you love to do?
3. What are your Hobbies?
4. What are some everyday problems in life that you can solve?
5. What are you good at?
6. What are your skills/talents?
7. What do you want to do everyday?
8. What makes you get up in the morning?
9. What do you want to be when you get older?
10. Who do you want to hangout with?
11. What do you want your purpose to be in life?
12. What impact can you make on the world?
13. What do you want your legacy to be?
14. What would you do if money was no object?
15. What are your strengths & weaknesses?
16. What would your dream life look like?
Step 2: Become an Expert in your Industry
17. What are the leading blogs/ magazines/ publications in your field?
18. Who are the leaders and influencers in the industry?
19. How can you connect with them?
20. How are people already making money in the industry?
21. What are the leading companies in this niche?
22. Can you get a position or internship to learn about the industry first?
23. What are the common questions the customers & readers of their blogs have?
24. How has the industry changed in the last 5, 10, 20 years? Where is it headed?
25. What companies have failed in the industry? Why did they fail?
26. Who is the average consumer? What are their characteristics?
27. What niches are under or un-served?
28. Where are the holes in this market?
29. How can you improve, disrupt or turn this industry upside down?
Step 3: Network your Axe ??? A** off
30. Who are the local leaders in your industry?
31. Which one of your friends would buy a product from you?
32. What can you learn from them to make your product/ service better?
33. What problems do these people have, that you can solve?
34. What skills do you need in a business partner to fill in your gaps?
35. Who are the most talented/passionate people in the industry?
36. What makes them successful?
37. Are their groups/meetups around with your same passion?
38. What could you learn from them?
39. What connections could you make?
Step 4: Just do it !!! Start now !!!
40. What are my goals? Short term? Long term?
41. Do I really believe in my idea?
42. Does your idea provide value to the end-user?
43. What can you learn from your competition to make your product/ service better
44. Is there healthy competition around your industry? Why or why not?
45. Can you stand out from the pack – man? Is your business idea unique?
46. Is your business scalable, fundable, fun?
47. Can you start small without a huge capital investment and grow at a pace you can handle?
48. Can you see yourself doing this 5 years from now? Will you still have the passion?
49. Is the market for your business big enough to support your idea? and worth the effort?
50. What is the most effective way to reach your customers? [Marketing]
51. How much money will my idea cost to start?
52. Where can I get it from?
53. Will this idea make me money? Will people pay for it?
54. Can you explain your idea to a novice, non-techie?
55. Am I a micro-manager or can I delegate responsibility? so I can concentrate on the really important issues?
56. Do you think you want to and how will you Exit your business?
Comments: Are there any other Questions to ask before deciding on Starting a Business?
from Under30CEO.com 6/17 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
For more Info, click on Starting a Business.