“If we listened only to our logic, we’d never go into business, because we’d be skeptical, because half of business fail within 5 years. Well, that’s pestimistic. If you got a great idea, you’ve got to jump off cliff and build your wings on the way down”. – Ray Bradbury, SciFi Author
Startup Topics: “delete” your Doubts, Motivated, Passion, Independent, Pre-Active, Daring & Fearless, Learning, never Doubt.
Key Questions: 1) Are you thinking of quitting your job and starting your own thing, but not sure if it’s the right decision? 2) Are you scared of failing? of going broke? of living uncomfortably? of disappointing your loved ones? 3) Are you scared that you might not be able to live up to your own expectations?
Why? because not everyone wants to be an entrepreneur. But if you feel it in your blood and feel an itch to start your own thing, you must do it. The reward is not just the money – which most early-stage entrepreneurs don’t have. In fact, 50% businesses fail in their first 5 years. Below are the reasons why starting your own thing might be the best decision you’ll ever make in your life.
1. You will “delete” your Doubts and “what-ifs” in your life. Most of us are passionate about something. And if we are talented enough to be good at what we’re passionate about, surely we’d want to turn that into a business. But competition might be fierce. The market might be tough. Finances might not look so bright. So, we stick ourselves to our jobs, because it makes us feel safe & secure. But what if you’re bored in your job? What if you’re not excited about going to work anymore? What if you’re looking forward to doing something of your passion and having freedom with your own time? Starting your own business might sound scary, but it is a sure way to get rid of your doubts
2. You will wake up Motivated. Surely this is one of the main reasons why people start their own thing. Nothing feels as exciting as following one’s passion & dreams. You might have a few sleepless nights – because reality keeps you up with excitement – thinking about different ideas & strategy, stalking your competitors, + dreaming about the possible dream-come-true. Even during down times not making many sales, you’re still motivated to go to work, fix the bugs, pump up the sales, & make it happen. The business is yours, so you work hard and make it happen. The reward will be worth it.
3. You know what it feels like to truly follow one’s Passion. After starting your own business, you will understand how fulfilled it feels, to actually follow your dreams & your heart. The reward is not necessarily the money. The reward is in being your own boss and in the art of creating something that you truly own & love. You will learn what it’s like to sacrifice external things that make you happy (like eating out) for things that make you happy internally (like making your business succeed). Of course, a profitable business is what proves your capability in business. However, what truly drives you is not the money; it’s the passion & fulfillment you get, from following your dreams.
4. You will learn to be Independent – in your Thinking – and trust your Instinct. Starting your own business requires you to think on your feet a lot. Whether you start it on your own or with a business partner, you will have to make a decision without a seasoned boss toibounce ideas of. Over & over, you will learn to make decisions independently, and become more decisive as you grow. You will learn to trust your instinct, because no one else knows your business like you do. It is a wonderful feeling to feel that every decision you make, is solely dependent on you. You make your own decision and you are responsible for it.
5. You will become Pre-Active. A lot of people talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk. As an entrepreneur, you cannot just talk and don’t make actions. You have to keep your words and follow through. In fact, things will not happen unless you make action. Being an entrepreneur teaches you that things don’t happen as you wish, things happen as you “do”. You cannot ask someone else to do it for you or expect a colleague to help. You are on your own and only actions will bring your idea to life.
6. You will become more Daring & Fearless. You have to believe in yourself and make daring decisions over & over. From deciding that you will not get a full-time job, to investing in the business & making several business decisions on your own. Becoming an entrepreneur, you will get rid of your self-limiting belief like never before. You will learn that nothing is to be scared of. You will learn that your “comfort zone” keeps expanding every time you get out of it. You will learn to initiate contacts & approach people. You will learn to make things happen and even if you have no idea about something. You will learn about it in every way you can – without doubt or fear. Over & over, this becomes a habit. You will have built this boldness in you and will become used to getting out of your comfort zone.
7. You will know of & meet so many Talented & Ambitious people out there. Being an entrepreneur can be lonely at times. You’re not alone. You’re not on your own. And these people are more than happy to share with you their experiences, advice, & recommendations. There is a whole world out there waiting for you to discover, to learn from & grow with. The more you get immersed into the entrepreneur’s world and interact with other entrepreneurs, the more opportunities you will spot and the more driven you will become.
8. You will accelerate your Learning Curve. Being your own boss, you have to learn everything – from marketing to accounting, operations, & finance. You will have to keep up-to-date with the new technology, tools, consumer trends, & industry news. You will learn like never before. Before you know it, you will become a lifelong learner who loves the “challenge” of learning about something new. You will take life as a progressive journey as you do with business.
9. You will “never” Doubt yourself again. Starting your own business takes guts. To be able to take a leap of faith in yourself and jump, you will have already gotten rid of your self-doubt. In the process of working on your own business, you will become even more of a firm believer in “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” [Henry Ford] Most important of all, you will never hesitate to invest in yourself because it is the only thing that always grows and can never be taken from you.
10. You will want to do it all over again. You might have succeeded. You might have failed. But the fact that you have learned so much along the way, makes it all worth while. Starting your own thing gives you a sense of control in your own life + joy & fulfillment in doing something that you truly love. The rush, the excitement, the fear, the tears, the sweat, & the countless nights sleeping next to your laptop – they are experiences you would never have – if you haven’t started your own thing. You wouldn’t have it any other way, and you’re always looking out for the right opportunity to do it all over again.
Comments: Is there anything else you can think of – to start a Business?
fm Huff Post 28 Aug 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
For more Info, click on Starting a Business.