“Don’t focus on having a great Blog or Newsletter for you. Focus on producing one that’s great for your readers – by giving them something of great value.” Wiz4.biz
Startup Topics: Newsletters & Blogs
Newsletter Topics: Digest, News, Marketing, SEO, Execution, VCs Newsletters
Blog Topics: Trends, Daily News, Ideas, Epinions, Been there, Done that, Under 30, Heroics, Up & Running Blogs
Top 8 Small Business & Startup Newsletters
We asked 14 members from Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) what Startup newsletters they would recommend subscribing to. Here’s what they had to say:
- StartupDigest has sorted news about Startups, Tech, the Internet & Silicon Valley. SD (not San Diego) is a great resource for keeping up with what’s happening & trending articles around the Startup world.
- Mattermark Daily [Tech News] is an organized set of links to blog posts, news stories & funding announcements from top tech investors & entrepreneurs. It’s easy to skim thru on a busy day, and usually gets me to click-through & read at least 2-3 posts every day.
- PetoVera. The PV team send out weekly newsletter updates covering a wide array of topics such as content marketing, lead generation, Email marketing strategies, sales funnels & more. Each article covers the topic in depth and contains actionable advice that is easy to follow, and sure to improve your bottom line.
- QuickSprout [Marketing] sends out a weekly newsletter linking to Blog posts about Marketing. The articles are filled with rich content that revolve around teaching entrepreneurs how to increase their business with the newest trends in Online Marketing.
- Convince & Convert [Marketing] share one major content marketing or social media related story worth knowing each issue. They include other links to helpful content and insights for business owners & marketers. It’s beneficial because it’s focused on one major story impacting business owners as it relates to marketing.
- Traffic Generation Café. Is all about SEO & traffic generation + getting click-throughs in the simplest and most informative ways. I love seeing what tips she has in store every time I get the Newsletter from her. Plus, it’s personalized. It doesn’t feel like a robot is talking to me, but a human.
- Foundora. [Execution] All tech-related startups should check out this. They do a great job of organizing interesting articles for founders on product management, sales, negotiations & marketing.
- CB Insights is a VC database that has tons of data about deals & trends. They do a tremendous amount of analysis on VC trends – as well as rigorous correlation work about funds. It’s a valuable website for entrepreneurs because it has all the latest data about finance that a founder could need.
Top 12 Small Business & Startup Blogs
Whether you’re thinking of starting a business of your own – or already have – business & entrepreneur related Blogs can be a useful source of inspiration, insight, new ideas & networking opportunities. A number of business owners, mentors & entrepreneurs have taken to the Blog-osphere, where anyone with a computer and an internet connection can learn from the knowledge & experience available. There are literally hundreds of such blogs on the web, so to help you get started, we’ve put together this list of the 25 most useful and interesting small business & startup Blogs we could find.
- Small Business Trends – Daily posts on the trends affecting the small business market from one of the most popular business Blogs on the web.
- Daily Dose – Entrepreneurship, business & marketing ideas from the folks at Entrepreneur.com. 5 Stars
- Springwise – Your daily fix of fresh business ideas powered by a worldwide network of over 8000 entrepreneurs
- The Small Business Blog – Two of the country’s top small business experts share their insights on the important issues entrepreneurs face in today’s challenging market.
- Venture Hacks – Advice on startup companies from a couple of entrepreneurs (Epinions) and investors (Twitter) who have proven they know what they’re talking about.
- BlogTrepreneur offer interviews, reviews and advice for entrepreneurs that demand “excellence” in business.
- Breaking Free is advice on breaking free from the daily grind and starting your own business from a successful web-entrepreneur.
- Mixergy – A collaborative entrepreneurship Blog featuring people who have been there, done that.
- Up & Running – Startup & small business advice from journalists, founder of Palo Alto Software & Bplans.com.
- Under30CEO – Learn how to “live the dream” and meet others doing the same thing.
- Quick Sprout – Fun, interesting, snappy advice on business & entrepreneurship from a young entrepreneur.
- Thrilling Heroics – Learn to “Live fearlessly on your own terms” from a nomadic entrepreneur & lifestyle coach.
Wiz4.biz – advice on Starting & Growing a business from an Entrepreneur with > 40 yrs in business + helping 30 others to start & another 50 to improve.
Comments: do you have any Newsletters or Blogs that you would recommend?
Compiled by Peter/CXO, Wiz4.biz 5/18