Awakening Entrepreneur w/in #1
by Author Michael Gerber 3/12 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz,
Five Qualities of an Entrepreneur:
1. The Entrepreneur is an originator.
2. Entrepreneurs don’t buy opportunities they “create” them. So if you want to be a true entrepreneur, forget about a franchise and create something unique.
3. The success of the invention is measured by growth. The faster the business grows the better and the worst thing is to have a business idea linger on at a survival level
4. Everyone can be an entrepreneur. As readers we are then introduced to the . . .
4 Dimensions of Entrepreneurial personality:
1. Dreamer 2. Thinker 3. Storyteller 4. Leader
You may find it easier to think of this as:
What? How? Why? When? Why? What if
The what, The how, The why, The when and if
The Dreamer & the Dream When an entrepreneur has an idea and sees an opportunity for the first time, the entrepreneur within is awakened. This is the tingling you can get when you realize just how exciting it could be to pursue this idea (or dream).
Management guru, Brian Tracy has said on average we all have several ideas that could make us millionaires each year. Unfortunately this is where logic has a nasty habit of sticking its nose in and killing the idea stone dead before it’s developed into a proper concept.
While the idea or dream is flimsy, the logical mind is saying “It will never work” and if you listen, you will never hear the “It just might work, let’s take a closer look.”
Where do the ideas for the opportunities come from? Logically it is from seeing people’s pain and frustration and thinking “Something must be done about this.” It may be followed up quickly by a flash of inspiration, “Why don’t they …” or you may accept it as a creative problem to solve for fun.
The end of Chapter 8 makes me mad. Michael Gerber is moaning about the answers to his question “What do you want?” that he received from the Dreaming Room attendees because they were personal. In essence people said they wanted a perfect personal life and to be happy. Michael Gerber is disappointed that the answers weren’t about the customer and bringing enlightenment to the world but self centred thoughts about their own and their families well-being.
[Betrayal of the E Myth Revisited, the Tinker & the Vision, New & Old Dreams, the Storyteller and more in Premium Content]