from Consultant Consortium, Linked In 18 June 13 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
What do successful businesses have in common? Here are the basics.
1. Know what you’re great at; Do it !!! Focus on what you do best; and be the best you can be. Keep learning, keep up to date with current trends and thinking + most of all, concentrate 100% on giving your customers a positive experience. [Wiz4.biz: Doesn’t that sound like Apple? Hasn’t it worked for them?]
2. Give your Customers what they really want. Really get to know who buys from you. What problems do they have? How can you solve them? This information is critical, in order for you to match their needs and get them motivated to buy from you. Don’t guess. If you don’t know, ask !!!
3. Tell them you have what they really want !!! [but don’t stretch it beyond reality] When you know what your customers really want, you need to let them know that you have it. Communication is critical. Imagine having the perfect solution for your customers, then keeping it a secret. Avoiding sales & marketing activity is like keeping yourself a secret. Use telephone, Email, face-to-face, social media, blogs – whatever you need to do – to reach wherever they are.
4. Test & Measure Check the impact of all your customer inter-actions. You need to know what isn’t working, so you can stop it. Knowing what works, means you can do more of it. Know what could work with a minor adjustment here & there — then do it, to make your product more effective.
5. Be Flexible Keep trying different ways of connecting with your customers to keep them interested. You also need to be flexible to their needs. If you can deliver in a way that suits them even better, do it.
6. Quality, quality, quality Hopefully you will already be going that extra mile to keep your Key customers happy and delivering a quality service or product. Keep checking it. What could I be doing better? Keep checking in with your customers too. They are the best source of feedback by using your product in the “real world”. Most customers won’t tell you when they’re unhappy. They will just go elsewhere to buy. Ask your most significant customers the most often, so you make sure you know what will make it better for them. Guessing isn’t an option. You’d probably lose
7. Attitude The way you think. will impact on the success you have. Half hearted efforts will give you half the results you’d expect. But having a (+) attitude, will make you enjoyable to do business with – and they will !!!
Conclusion: You know what you want and now – you know what you need to do to get it. Commit to it and get on with it. It’s easy to blame other people or the economy or anything other than yourself, but at the end of the day, your Marketing is really on your shoulders, so it’s up to you. Take the Action you need to get the Goals you want.
Think about what motivates you and be sure to use these things to keep you in a positive state of mind. These all fall into the “basic” category — but are worth checking frequently. Are you doing all of these? If not, just Do It !!!
Comments: What did you think? Can I get more basic than that? Is there any basics that are important to you?