from Goodfellow Consulting 7/13 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Every business owner faces challenges and every business owner could use help with some of those challenges — at least to get objective & expert advice. Who better to help you overcome the many obstacles that lie on your ownership road than people who have addressed the same challenges themselves?
a Business Advisor. In our early days of starting a business, we relied heavily on impromptu advice – when we needed it. Much of it appeared helpful, but some was very flawed. Randomly selected advisors didn’t usually know much about our Industry nor did they know us as a business (ie, Mission & Vision). They certainly weren’t “there for us” when the results of the decision unfolded. We came across an alternative that we think every business owner should consider – a Business Advisor. Ours was a well experienced business-person who met with us and our management team 4 or 5 times a year to review plans & results, ask tough questions and offer strategic insights.
Key Benefits of using Business Advisors:
There is now a growing trend towards using business advisors as an integral tool to start & grow your business. Here’s what other business owners have said are the 10 key benefits of utilizing business advisors:
1. Discipline – “You don’t want the Bank Manager or Investor to be the first person you are accountable to.”
2. Support – “It helps to have someone who is focused only on you & your needs – by having your best interests at heart.”
3. Focus – “It helped us make a much better strategic decision on what business we wanted to be in. It may have saved the company. It certainly saved us thousands of dollars.”
4. Ideas – “One good suggestion and it pays for their services.”
5. Better Decisions – “Over time, it greatly improves the quality of decision-making. And, after all, isn’t that what it’s all about: consistently making better decisions all the time?”
6. Better Decision-Making processes – “It buys me time with my employees. I can honestly say that I need to take this decision to the Business Advisor and get their input. The decision then has the benefit of simmering for a while, and hence is more chewed over, more objective and less personal when it is delivered.”`
7. Help with People Decisions – “By having my people present to the Business Advisor, I get more input on their capabilities and it strengthens their commitment to their plans.”
8. Being more Strategic – “I am starting to utilize a Business Advisor, because I believe it will help me see things from a broader perspective, be more strategic and make fewer mistakes.”
9. Faster learning – “A Business Advisor is there to shorten the learning curve – so we all come up to speed much faster.”
10. Peace of mind – “I sleep much better at night knowing that this Business Advisor thinks that we are going in the right direction.”
Bonus Benefits are, a Business Advisor can:
· provide you with a total view of the overall business environment.
· also give you access to a variety of specific skill sets at low cost, help you anticipate risks, create new networking opportunities, improve the image of your company and impress potential clients & reassure bankers and investors that your business is well managed and capable of overcoming adversity.
Business advisors work! Get one working for your company today to help you get to the next level faster and with less risk.
Comment: If you need it, ask Peter/CXO what he can do for you !!!