From a talk by Gregg Swanson, Warrior Coach about “Building rapport instantly for effective communications”, at Entrepreneur Meetup 6/11 by Peter / Organizer.
Good Rapport will bring you credibility to help you get what you want. You must establish rapport before expecting anyone to listen to you. Rapport is when people find they are “like each other”, then they “like each other” and will “help each other” get what they want.
Communication is: 7% Words, 38% the way you Say it & 55% your Body Language.
Key Elements for Establishing Rapport
1. Physical Mirroring [Body Language 55%] Actually physically coping the clients posture, facial expressions, hand gestures & movements will cause their body to say unconsciously to their mind, “Hey he’s/she’s like me, let’s cooperate”.
2. Match their Voice [How its said 38%] The tone, tempo, timbre & volume of their voice. You can also repeat their key words.
3. Match the Level of the Info. If someone deals in the big picture, they will probably be bored with the details. On the other hand, someone who is into the details will find that there’s not enough info to deal with, if you only give them the big pix.
4. Match Common Experiences,common interests, background, beliefs & values + common associations to establish a common ground (affinity) for a relationship.
5. use Hierarchy of Ideas to ensure everyone is on the same page. Do they want to talk about “the Big Picture” or the “the Details”? Communicate at that level to provide what they want.
Verifying Rapport: Watch their reactions to yur communications, to determine if they are accepting your communication and have confidence in you, then they will open up to you
For more Info, contact Gregg Swanson, WarriorMindCoach@Gmail.com
Comments: Do you have any Techniques you use?