Our speaker for Thursday 17 February 11 was JJ – an Associate of 5 Star Startup Services & Assistant Organizer of this Meetup. Peter/Organizer
JJ discussed the book “Built to Last”(by Jim Collins) – which is about the best companies that have been in business for > 50 years.
1. When you start a new business, pick the best idea/s and develop them. Test them out by demonstrating to or talking to potential customers about them and getting their feedback
2. Follow the Trends of your industry, so you can look for opportunities that are growing rapidly and ride the wave to success.
3. Develop a Vision of where you want to take the company, hire those who are willing to join this vision and sell your vision to your existing staff. Let the vision determine your path, guide your decisions.
4. Develop Core Values for your company and measure decisions against their ability to meet these values. Typical Core Values could be Quality, Integrity, Efficiency, Delight Customers, Passion for our Products, Have Fun, Employee Enpowerment, Giving back.
5. Don’t just beat your Competition. Look for ways you can better serve your customers.
6. Don’t think you can run your company forever; it may outgrow you. Train your staff to handle some of your functions, in fact, train your replacement !!
Comments: What did you think of this?
JJ has been in business since he was a teen in Europe. He’s had many companies in the past 20 years and learned quite a bit from each of them.
If your ever need help with your Executive Summary, Biz Plan, Pitch, or any other aspect of starting or growing your Business, contact me. If JJ, I or any of 5 Star’s associates cant help you, we’ll find someone who can. Peter/CXO