Business Wisdom 101
Biz Wiz 101 from CEOs & others 09/12 Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz 9/12
L-101-A. “1st Things 1st “
1. You’re responsible for your own Happiness. If you’re not where you want to be, examine it. Do research or ask advice to get what you want.
2. What do you want? When you figure it out, set a deadline for getting it, plan the steps, what resources you’ll need. Ken Blanchard, Author, “One Minute Manager”
3. When in doubt about Doing It (ie, new things), it’s easier to ask forgiveness, than permission. Monitor the results, adjust as necessary. Even if you failed, you’d learn something. But probably, you’d have a great new experience.
4. Do what is right. Consider the consequences of not. How would it affect your credibility?
5. Review your Wish List frequently. Is there anything you want to change? (ie, Priorities) Put on new items – as soon as you think of them. Ted Turner, CNN
6. One of most important functions in life, can be Solving Problems. It can be both stressful & satisfying. Look back and see how you have grown by solving. Now you can conquer > problems.
7. Don’t Force It. Keep on top of the situation: ask those most closely involved, & do Research to determine the best course of action. If you run into stiff resistance/ opposition, consider alternatives. Ed Cosse, Editor, News-week & NY Times
8. “Standup for Something” Li Lu – who stood up to the Tanks in Tiananmen Square 1989 China. They backed down.
9. Maintain the Highest Values, so you can earn the respect of yourself, others.
10. Pick your Priorities by what will move you closer to your Goals faster.
11. Focus on your top Priority. Stick with it, till you accomplish it or decide it’s not worth the effort.
(Continued on Premium Content)