Biz Wiz 101 from CEOs & others 09/12 Compiled by Peter@Wiz4.biz
12. Use your Talent in the narrowest Niche you can find. Learn all you can to become the expert. Share your know-ledge with others and you’ll become highly regarded & others will seek you.
13. Do what you Love © & the $$ will follow. Just get started and when you get some momentum, you and/or others will figure out how to make $$ out of it.
L-101-B. “Last Things 2nd “
1. Humor, Confidence & (+) Attitude are more important than Intelligence, Connections & Experience in determining who gets & stays ahead. But then again, don’t forget to take care of last three.
2. Make lots of Mistakes. Not on purpose, but don’t be afraid to try, what might seem possible. Try the impossible occasionally too. If you win, Wow !!! Even if you don’t succeed, you’ll prob-ably learn something. Edison had over a 1000, before he perfected the light bulb.
3. Don’t let the “Tyranny of the Urgent” drive you from doing the most important things first, that will help you get closer to your Goals. Can you delegate the Urgent? Rita Rao, EVP, Mattel Toys
4. Perception is more important than Reality. If you seem confident, others will trust you more and give you what you want.
5. Know when to Walk Away from some something, when its not worth the effort. (ie, ROI)
6. Do anything to get your Foot in the Door !!! Give discounts, bonuses, or free to get a new Client or task. Once you’re in, they’ll develop confidence in you and will be willing to give you more like your usual compensation. Kathy Jones, EVP, Universal Studios
7. Take on that Challenge. Take on the harder tasks and when you conquer it, you’ll get the reputation that you can handle anything.
8. Don’t be afraid to tackle the Un-known. If you feel good about it, go for it. You can learn as you go. Also do research, ask for help.
(Continued on Premium Content)