from Entrepreneur.com 05 Feb 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
If you’re deeply commited to starting a business, successful people commit to certain decisions that help develop them into successful businessmen & women. Each day is an open opportunity for mastering skills & furthering goals. Success often comes down to having the right attitude & smart decision making.
1. See the Good in everything. Make the mental commitment to focus on solutions – not problems. Allow no space in your mind for thoughts about lack or negativity. When you think in terms of lack, you make decisions from a negative place. And these decisions will bring more lack. Learn to respect the value of each aspect of your business, understanding that completing the small things, is training for bigger opportunities.
2. Risk Failure. Commit to letting fear be your motivator, but don’t let it become your captor when you approach your goals. If you give into fear, it will seduce you into giving up on from your dreams. Encountering a fear can make it easy to quickly rationalize walking away from a great idea. To be successful, take a risk and be willing to see what the consequences of your decisions are. Consequences are teachers & guides, because they give you answers. If you never take any risk, you’ll never light up these signposts to direct yourself and your business in the right direction. View each “no” as a prompt for a new direction or opportunity. Learn to speak up. To get what you want, you have to go for what you want.
3. Work Hard. Make the choice to first measure your success by your work ethic. If your pursuit of success is solely about profit, be aware that wanting money focuses the mind on the lack of it and needing more. Worry blocks opportunity and keeps you focused on how much you don’t have. Money is less likely to materialize under this mental & emotional dynamic. Commit to trusting that your hard work will generate profit. What you feverishly chase, may elude you. For that reason, focus on the goals that this day or moment requires and get them done. It is from this mindset that the money will come.
4. Expand. Make the commitment to thinking big and never being satisfied with the goals you have achieved. Be grateful for what you have accomplished, but not satisfied. Set higher goals. Understand that to be highly successful after you have achieved a certain level of accomplishment, know that you’re not done. You are just beginning. Always ask, “What is next?” in regard to business expansion. Agree to never downsize your dreams. To succeed at high levels, commit your thoughts to anticipating more achievement.
5. Be Consistent. Commit to working consistently without pause, taking steps toward your business goals. It is through consistent & diligent work, coupled with patience & flexibility, that you can climb the ladder of success. And pledge to work hard – even when you’re not yet reaping the benefits. It’s the last man standing who ends up winning the race.
6. Be Passionate. Passion is the fuel that ignites your desire to work hard. Just like a car cannot run without gas, a business cannot succeed without passionate, focused, hardworking people. When passion is present, success can result. And the more success you experience, the more you will increase your passion. In this way – passion rewards itself. When passion is present, limits are virtually non-existent.
7. Maintain Self-Respect. When you have self-respect, you take pride in yourself and exude an aura of knowledgeable confidence. Choose to demonstrate self-respect in how you run your business and treat those you work with.
Take daily steps to refine who you are, in an effort to be ready for all decisions that need integrity & forethought. When you are self-respecting, you make the commitment to be at the top of your game. You refuse to live by the “I will do it later” motto. You get things done today, to ensure a successful tomorrow.
8. Delegate. You cannot get where you want to go alone. Delegate everything you can. To know when and what to delegate, be aware of your strengths & weaknesses. Choose to delegate tasks to others who are more skilled in your weaker areas or turn to people who have the time to do what you can’t. The minute you think you can do it all on your own, is when you open yourself up to failure.
9. Nurture Relationships. Make an effort to enter business relationships intelligently and nurture them deliberately. Decisions about whom to work with, are as essential to building a successful career as is your knowledge, work ethic & passion. Pick your people carefully. Thus you are more likely to keep toxic people out of your business. When you find the right team members, intentionally nurture their success – individually & collectively – keeping morale high and infusing them with your passion, mission & vision.
10. Seek Feedback. Commit to not being a know-it-all. Actively seek feedback to grow. Each piece of feedback is a seed of knowledge, capable of helping you grow – to expand you & your business. If you cannot grow as a person, you cannot expand your business. Feedback forces you to keep an open mind and be available to opportunities never an option before. Get feedback from both your Customers & Staff.
Conclusion. To be successful in business, commit to making self-aware, wise choices. Your success is a reflection of your decisions, attitude & thinking. If your business isn’t where you want to it to be or you’re ready to set higher goals, start making decisions to achieve this. To grow your business, the #1 factor is growing yourself !!!
Comment: Is there anything that you can add to this?