fm Mystic Madness.com 3/16 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
What are Core Values? What is so inherent about your organization, that makes it invulnerable to other cultural forces – when you talk about examples of Core Values? What is the essence of your existence? What do you offer and how do your customers perceive you as an entity? These and many other questions necessitate the need of Core Values for any organization. These values are from the core of the company’s soul that helps it prosper & build a culture. They drive the vary existence and remains same across all in an organization. They promote a feeling of oneness and help company steer their resources in a single direction. It is the spirit that drives the company irrespective of its nature & size and helps it sail through tough & difficult situations. Core Values provide answers to tough questions and act as light in situations of conflict.
These Core Values make logical sense – even for individuals in their pursuit of happy and successful life. In my last post I talked about Professional values and ethics as source of career success. While last post highlighted the importance, in this article the focus is more on examples and what they mean in real. In life the existence of Core Values is must for a direction. These are values that help you grow and give a balance. Let’s start with 20 examples of Core Values with brief description of each.
1. Accountability – Responsibility of our actions that influence the lives of our customers/clients & fellow workers.
2. Balance – Maintaining a healthy life & work balance for workers.
3. Collaboration – within & outside the company to give the best product and/or service
4. Commitment – to create great products, services & other initiatives that impact lives both within & outside the organization.
5. Community – A sense of responsibility & contribution to society that define our existence.
6. Consistency – in offering the best for a satisfying experience.
7. Diversity – Respecting the diversity of each individual and giving the best of the composition.
8. Efficiency – and more effective in our approach to give the best solution each time for the lowest cost in shortest time.
9. Empowerment – of employees to take initiative, make decision & be creative – to give the best.
10. Fun – Having fun and celebrating small successes in our journey to achieve big goals.
11. Innovation – To come out with new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world.
12. Integrity – To act with honesty & integrity without compromising the truth.
13. Leadership – The courage to lead from front and shape future.
14. Ownership – Taking ownership of the company and its employees + customer satisfaction.
15. Passion – Putting the heart & soul in our work to get the best results.
16. Quality – Giving the best and unmatched results – for all round satisfaction.
17. Respect – Giving due respect to yourself & others to maintain the environment of team work.
18. Risk Taking – Trusting yourself and encouraging others to take risk for a better organization.
19. Safety – Ensuring the safety of people and making sure to give them trouble free experience – as possible.
20. Service Excellence – Giving the best world-class service by striving for excellence each day.
Your Core Values. It is important to instigate the right Core Values in yourself and your organization – for compassion & outstanding results. The examples of Core Values above would act as starting point in your journey for excellence, then look at the Core Values for Google, Yahoo, Microsoft & Amazon. Analyze which values are more significant to your organization and define your Core Values to build a world-class culture for changing the world !!!
Comments: What are your Organization’s Core Values?