Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 7/13
Once you have created a Vision of where you want to go with your organization, you’ll need a Strategic Plan to figure out how to get there. The plan will be approved by all of Top Management so you’re all on the same page. [pun intended]. The Action Items from the plan should be review at least Quarterly to make sure you’re on track, so you can get back on the track or change tracks. The whole Strategic Plan should be reviewed at least annually.
1. The Author should be the CEO, his appointee or someone assigned by the Executive Committee – ideally, someone who is very knowledgeable about the organization.
2. Assessments to determine the “needs” that the Strategic Plan should address all concerns.
2a. Internal Assessments. What does our organization do well & not? Can we do more of our Strengths & improve on our Weaknesses?
2b. External Assessments. What is Political, Economic, Technological, Social, & Environmental factors affecting your organization. Which trends are opportunities & which are threats.
2c. SWOT Analysis. If you haven’t already covered these areas, this popular acronym will help you analyze your “viability”. S = Strengths as an organization; W = Weakness; O = Opportunity/s that that you see; and T = Threats to your products or services (ie, from the Competition)
3. Feedback should be obtained by the Author, from everyone significantly affected by operations of the company (managers, supervisors, leads, key employees, customers, etc). Relevant Feedback will be included in the plan.
4. Draft Strategic Plan and have the single most relevant person review it (CEO, Founder, GM) – to assure all the significant aspects have been covered.
5. Strategic Planning Meeting will be held to discuss the Core Values, Mission & Vision of the organization and how we will plan to address these. The purpose is to have specific Goals to measure against – that will inspire employees to achieve.
5a. Core Values. Some of the traditional Core Values are: “Exceeding Customer’s expectations, Encouraging employee “creativity”, development & growth, Doing the “right” thing to enhance our long term survival, an excellent Reputation, minimizing Environmental impact, taking an Active role in our Community”. So figure out what your Core Values are and put them in the Strategic Plan.
[ Mission, Vision, Marketing + Monitor-ing & Review in Premium Content ]