from Thought Catlogue.com 03/15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Here’s hoping you get inspired in Starting or Growing your Business, by these Quotes by Mark Zuckerberg, CEO & Founder of Facebook.
1. “The only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is, not taking risks.”
2. “People don’t care about what someone says about you, they care about what you build for them.”
3.If you can make something that makes people’s life better, then that’s something that’s really good.”
4. “You just grow more & provide a better product, when you get more people’s perspectives.”
5. “Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission – to make the world more open & connected – our mission.”
6. “My friends are people who like building cool stuff. We share our crazy ideas and some of them work out.”
7. “I would rather be in the cycle where people are under-estimating us. It gives us latitude to go out and make big bets that excite & amaze people.”
8. “I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction and a waste of your time.”
9. “I know it sounds corny, but I’d love to improve people’s lives, especially socially; Making the world more open is not an over-night thing. It’s a ten-to-fifteen-year thing.”
10. “The companies that work are the ones that people really care about and have a Vision for the world – so do something you like.”
11. “My goal was never to just create a company, but to significantly increase social inter-action. A lot of people mis-interpret that, I also care about revenue or profit or any of those critical things.
12. “What’s important to me is building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.”
13. “Move fast & break barriers. Unless you are breaking barriers, you are not moving fast enough.”
14. “The detailed story of Facebook is actually probably pretty boring, right? I mean, we just sat at our computers for six years and coded hours & hours = persistance.”
15. “Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services. And we think this is a good way to build something.”
16. “I literally coded Facebook in my dorm room and launched it from my dorm room. I rented a server for $85 a month, and I funded it by putting an Ad on the side, and we’ve funded ever since by putting Ads on the side.”
17. “Our goal is not to build a single social platform; it’s to be the most significant social platform.”
18. “When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.”
19. “I have this fear of getting locked into doing things that are not the most impactful things we can do, so I’m always looking for more possibilities.”
20. “So many businesses get worried about looking like they might make a mistake. They become afraid to take any risk. Companies are set up so that people judge each other on failure and learn from it. We have actually set up our company to create a worthy Value.”
21. “The Hacker Way is an approach to building – that involves continuous improvement & iteration. Hackers believe that something can always be better, and that nothing is ever complete. They just have to go fix it – often in the face of people who say it’s impossible or are content with the status quo… There’s a Hacker Mantra that you’ll hear a lot around Facebook offices: ‘Code wins arguments’.”
Comments: Is there anything that you’d like to add to these Quotes?