from Christain’s Personal Finance 01/15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
It’s no secret that I like quotes. I am one of those guys who can get really motivated by the right words. There have been a lot of brilliant minds who have said some pretty inspiring words that still help me when I read them. So I decided to gather up the 10 best motivation quotes. If any of them resonate with you, I encourage you to write them down and tape them to your fridge or computer screen. It’s pretty cool how a little handwritten quote can speak to you when you need it. After all:
1. “Like apples of gold in settings of silver Is a word spoken in right circumstances.” –Proverbs 25:11.
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle
3. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying – when there seemed to be no hope at all.” –Dale Carnegie (one of 1st American Moguls)
4. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us. Actually, who are you not to be?. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the talent that is within us.” –Marianne Williamson, Author
5. “The only way of finding the limits of the possible, is by going beyond them into the impossible.” –Arthur C. Clarke, SciFi Author
6. “Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.” –Samuel Johnson, Old English Author
7. “As a well spent day brings restful sleep; so a life well spent – with significant accomplishments – brings satisfaction.” –Leonardo da Vinci, multi-talented Scientist & Painter
8. “It’s not just the will to win, but the will to prepare (do whatever it takes) to win, that makes the difference.” –Paul “Bear” Bryant, outstanding College Football Coach.
9. “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice today, will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make in your future.” –Gorden B. Hinkley, Author
10. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson, early American Author
11. “I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. You are in charge of our response of what happens to you.” –Charles Swindoll, Author
12. “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company or a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will support for that day. We cannot change our past, but we can create our future that we want”. – John Maxwell, Author
Comments: What are your favorite Quotes that motivate you?