compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 10/13
Establish Guidelines – to provide “outstanding” Customer Service. Your organization needs Guidelines – of what is expected of them. Review & update them periodically.
1. Learn the key Client/Customer’s names (especially the top 20% or so, that provide about 80% of your activity) What name do they want you to use? Make sure you pronounce it the way they do.
2. Treat all Clients/Customers like Royalty. After all, they make your job possible. Impress them with your thoroughness, courtesy & warmth. Never discriminate because of competence, culture, nationality or other factors.
3. Anticipate the “needs” of Customers. Find out how they use your product and suggest new ideas to them – as you come up with them.
4. Never pass a Customer on to another associate, unless you absolutely can’t handle the problem. Then, follow-up the next day to see if they’re happy with the resolution.
5. Remember, Clients/Customers use your Products/ Services for a reason. To continue to meet that reason, solve their problem as rapidly as you can. Your job is not finished, until they are happy and fully satisfied.
6. Keep open to their Improvement Ideas & act on them. Submit them to management for review. Participate in the planning to implement. Track the results to determine the effectiveness, satisfaction.
7. Be sensitive to the Client/Customer. Listen to what they’re saying directly & implying. Provide feedback to management on significant information. Be a Champion for the implementation of the best ideas.
8. Know your Organization’s Guidelines, so you can easily resolve “easy” issues immediately. On complex issues, after an initial Investigation, let them know about how long it will take – within 24 hrs.
9. Help new & other Employees with their work (as needed), because you all represent the company and want to have a good image.
10. Don’t forget your Internal Customer. Give them the same top service – to help them do their job the “best”, to make organization the best.
Comments: Do you have any ideas on how to improve Service & Support?