Wow them with a delightful Demo – Prospects, Investors & the Press – so they’ll be impressed) !!! Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 5/13
1. Have a Worthy Subject
– a good Product or Service, that works and you can be proud of + has some fantastic features.
2. Bring Backup for everything.
– Murphy may drop by at anytime and sabotage your demo – equipment, SW, etc, so be prepared.
3. Have a Trial Run
– to go thru your demo to make sure it works the way you expect. You’ll probably discover ways to change it, make it better, shorten it, etc.
4. Do it on your Own,
– because 2 or more people are distracting. It seems they are competing for the attention of the audience.
5. Do the best part First
– your most outstanding feature. You want to impress them. Once you’ve got their attention, they’ll pay more attention to all the other features, advantages & value you offer.
6. Minimize your Jargon
– Unless you’re talking to experts in that field. Otherwise, not everyone is a “techie”. Use language that anyone can understand and they’ll [hopefully] see the value you offer.
7. Make it Memorable
– with a little dramatic flair. You want to get attention, be understood, be remembered. That will do it. If you’re unforgettable, then they wont (f) and if they can use your product or service, they’ll tell their friends.
8. Don’t take Questions till the end.
You don’t want to interrupt the flow of your demo. You’re doing the demo for the “whole audience” and you want to get your message across and not have it distracted by one person. Perhaps the question will even be answered during the demo.
9. End with a Boom
– to wake up the room. Save one of your key points (advantages) till the end. Then you’ll leave your audience with another reason they should buy you and your product or service.
Comments: Is there anything you could add to this?