Our Speaker for Thurs 14 Nov was James – an Internet Marketing as a Manager of Marketing. Some of the topics were:
How to “Go Viral” using:
1st Innovators. Find out who are the Innovators in your field and get your Product/ Service to them for their feedback.
2nd Early Adopters. Once you add the changes the Innovators wanted and you liked, find out who are the possible Early Adopters for your Product/ Service. Target them as your initial market and even provide an incentive to get them to use it. Encourage them to share your Product/ Service with the Early Majority – who will buy it at full price.
3. The fall of Mass Media. TV, Radio & Print media mostly targets the masses. You want to target only those who are most likely to buy you.
Why it doesn’t work. Today we have an ad/information overload and ignore most of the messages. This media is extremely expensive for startups and has extremely limited response.
How to Overcome.
4. Create an Engaging Appeal. Create & sell them on your Vision/ Belief. Some examples are: “Invent”-HP, “Think differently”-Apple, “Intel Inside”, “We try harder”- Avis, “Sharp Minds, Sharp Products”- Sharp, “Connecting People”- Nokia, “Be all you can be”- US Army, “Easy as Dell”- (Computers), “Do you, Yahoo? Now “Just do it”- Nike. Create your own and Test it with a few friend
Why? Would your Target Market want to buy your Product/ Service?
– Are you: Better, Faster, Cheaper?
– What are their other motives?
Expand their capability, Save time, Make their life simpler, to feel Accepted/ Respected, to feel Good about Self, to fulfill Potential, Security, etc.
5. Help to Spread your Story. by:
– encouraging them to Share with Friends – maybe even offering an Incentive
– getting Testimonials that you can post on your Website
– doing Demos for Innovator or Early Adapter groups
These efforts will not only “raise awareness”, but also “build loyalty”.
6. Learn more about how to “Go Viral”
Crowd-Funding: go to Kickstarter & other CFs to see what kind of “appeal” the organizations use, to convey their “belief/ cause”.
Political Campaigns that use these techniques (ie, Obama’s Presidential Campaign)
Multi-Level Marketing [MLM] that uses a strong belief/ promise of opportunities – to encourage you to “go Viral” and sign up your friends & family. Look at their story for ideas for yours.
7. Conclusion. Share your Passion, then your Vision/belief inyou & your Products/Services, and finish with the “Why to buy”. Tell your story to those who are most receptive: the Innovators & Early Adopters. Build a community where these two groups can pass on your story/ message. Make it so simple & concise + worth telling, that it’s easy to explain – and pass on – for these people to grow viral/ exponentially !!!
For help to “Go Viral” contact James@FanAppz.com or call 917-215-9978
For help on doing your Executive Summary, preparing your Pitch or finding Funding, contact Peter@Wiz4.biz 408-833-5900 (Organizer)