Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz 1/13
Timely, Smarter Decisions – continued
4. If a long solution, get Feedback at significant milestones, to determine if implemented correctly.
5. Verify the “fix” to ensure it was implemented properly & “validate” that it fixes the original problem effectively.
Solving Problems better
1. Always consider more than 2 solutions.
2. Do Pro/Con Analysis of costs, resources, consequences, timing – including short & long-term effects
3. Look for Win\Win Situations for the most people.
1. Always have an attitude of being open to Improvement Opportunities.
2. Set the End Goals (expected results) as a Team, but you make the final decision. Let the implementer plan how to get there. Review their plan; approve or modify (as a Team, if appropriate). Monitor the implementation; adjust as necessary.
“The Turtle only makes progress, when it sticks its neck out”.
1. Investigate every possible opportunity. Determine if it’s worth the risk. What can you Gain? Lose?
2. Encourage “Risk-Taking” among your Staff & organization. Help them assess the Gain/Lose.
3. Monitor the implementation; adjust as needed. Celebrate significant Wins !!!
4. Even if it fails, what can you learn from it? Communicate that: “It’s better to try and fail, then not to try at all”.
Resolve Disputes quickly/fairly
1. Accept Problems as an opportunity to work/grow as a Team.
2. Handle little problems quickly, so they don’t grow into big problems.
(Continued in Premium Content)