25 wildly awesome Business Quotes to Motivate & Inspire you
from Spin Nakr.com 10 Apr 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
It’s only natural that every once in a while, a normally motivated, self-assured, competent entrepreneur will find themselves in a rut or depressed. No big deal, startup life will do that to a person. But whether the case is mild or more severe – worry not – because I’ve spent a substantial amount of time scouring through the unturned corners of the internet for little nuggets of wisdom in hopes of inspiring you to get your butt back in high gear. From Henry Ford to Ashton Kutcher & Ben Franklin to Donald Trump, there’s a little something for everyone in this list of 25 Inspirational Startup Quotes, matched to ruminating entrepreneurial worry :
Inspire me! I need an Idea!
1. “The best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” – Michael Arrington, founder, TechCrunch
2. “A rock pile ceases to be just a rock pile, the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery, author & aviator
Help! I’m out of my Depth!
3. “Embrace what you don’t know – especially in the beginning – because what you don’t know, can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” – Sara Blakely, founder, Spanx
4. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: 1) know your product better than anyone, 2) know your customer, & 3) have a burning desire to succeed.” – Dave Thomas, Founder, Wendy’s
5. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
Inspire me; I need to get going!
6. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”- Mark Twain
7. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle, comedian & actor
8. “I don’t believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad – they can’t sit still.” – Ashton Kutcher, actor
9. “Waiting for perfect is never as smart as starting where you are and making progress.” – Seth Godin, founder, Squidoo
Remind me! Why am I doing this?
10. “You may not be a Picasso or Mozart but you don’t have to be. Just create to create. Create to remind yourself you’re still alive. Make stuff to inspire others to make something too. Create to learn a bit more about yourself.” -Frederic Terral, founder, RightBrainTerrain.com
11.“Chase your vision, not the money.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos.com
12.“Empower yourself and realize the importance of contributing to the world – by living your talent. Work on what you love. You are responsible for using the talent that has been entrusted to you.” – Catharina Bruns, founder, WorkisNotaJob
13.“It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hard work of running a business and completely forget that while solving problems and building something you can be proud of, you also have an incredible opportunity to shape the future. Even better, you have the chance to meet amazing people and do amazing things along the way. It’s important not to get lost among the trees and forget about the amazing, beautiful forest you’re planting.” – Colin Wright, co-founder, Asymmetrical Press
Help! I’m gloomy.
14. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
15. “The one thing that I think is critical in the entrepreneurial spirit is, that it’s all attitude. If you think you can, then you’re half way there.” – Debbi Fields, founder, Mrs. Fields Cookies
Help! I’m getting scared!
16. “Behold the turtle, he makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.” – Bruce Levin, professor, Biology
17. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it, the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington, founder, Huff Post
18. “Starting your own business is like riding a roller coaster. There are highs & lows and every turn you take is another twist. You have to be strong, keep your stomach tight, and ride along with the roller coaster that you started.” – Lindsay Manseau, photographer & entrepreneur
19. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz, founder, Starbucks
20. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again; this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Inspire me! I’m losing steam!
21. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” – Benjamin Franklin
22. “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something. You should focus on why you can, and be one of the exceptions.” – Steve Case, founder, AOL
23. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from all others is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, Apple
24. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer, and author
25. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. You only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you, that you are an overnight success.” – Mark Cuban, Shark Tank
Comment: Do you have a favorite Quote, you’d like to share?