by Social Media Today 18 Feb 24 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
The pace of modern life is now faster than ever, and social media seems to evolve at the speed of light. If you are like most business owners, your life is fast-paced & always busy too. Because your available time is finite, it is crucial to invest in your “Social Media presence” in ways that will yield the greatest ROI. To excel at Social Media Marketing, you need the latest, most relevant data at your fingertips to make informed decisions & create captivating, information-rich content. Jeff Bullas recently published statistics that provide valuable snapshots of current social media trends, which I will share & discuss now.
Social media use is now widespread, mainstream, and more influential than ever. With social signals increasingly influencing search rankings, expanding & enhancing your Social Media presence can significantly amplify your reach and rate of lead generation.
· 72% of all Internet users are now active on social media
· 89% of those between 18 & 29 years old are social media users
· 72% of individuals aged 30 to 49 are engaged in social media
· 60% of people between 50 to 60 years old are active on social media
· 43% of those 65 years old & above are engaged in social media
· 71% of users access social media from a mobile device
Many prospects may not even take your company seriously, if it does not have a presence on Facebook. Sharing captivating, relevant & information-rich content—full of deep industry insight & valuable solutions—on your Brand Page is the primary way to increase traffic & leads to your website via Facebook. Although Facebook still dominates in terms of sheer size & rate of social sharing, Twitter & Google+ may very well be nipping at Facebook’s heels in 2014.
· Facebook now has over 1.15 billion users
· 1 million webpages can be accessed with the “Login with Facebook” feature
· 23% of Facebook users login at least 5 times daily
· 47% of Americans say Facebook is the top influencer of their buying decisions
· On average, Americans spend 16% of each online hour on Facebook.
· 70% of marketers acquire new customers through Facebook
[ Twitter, Google+, Visual Social Media Statistics in Premium Content ]