Leadership Lessons – Ben Franklin #2
from Business Insider.com 4/12 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 7/13
5. Get Moving “All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.”
There’s a reason we use the expression, movers & shakers. Movers are the ones who take action, the people who get things done, while the immovable are sitting around scratching their heads wondering how others could possibly be so successful. Which group do you want to belong to?
6. Avoid Busywork “Never confuse motion with action.”
We are always running around doing things. We rush from one meeting or event to the next, sometimes without achieving a great deal. At the end of the day, how much of our busywork are we proud of? How much of that running around improves anyone’s life (including ours) for the better? Make your motion mean something.
7. Give Yourself Permission to Make Mistakes “Do not fear mistakes. What can you learn frome it. Keep trying – smarter.”
If we fear making mistakes, we become scared to try new things. Fear keep us in our comfort zone. Staying in your comfort zone rarely leads to greatness. Taking risks and giving yourself permission to make mistakes, will ultimately lead you to whatever your version of success may be.
8. Act Quickly on Opportunities “To succeed, jump faster at opportunities, than you do to conclusions.”
Opportunities are everywhere. The trick is being quick enough & smart enough to seize them when they arise. Instead of jumping to the conclusion that something won’t work or can’t be done, allow yourself the freedom to ask what if? Go for it !!!
9. Continue to Grow “Be at war with your vices, at peace with those you touch, and let every new year find you a better man.”
We all have vices of some description. The key is to keep them under control or preferably eradicate them entirely. Be kind to those around you, whether they are neighbors, family, co-workers or friends. Never accept that you have finished growing as a person.
10. Keep Going “Diligence is the mother of good luck.”
Have you ever looked at a successful entrepreneur or business person and thought how lucky they are? Most of the time, luck has nothing to do with it. Hard work & sacrifice on the other hand have everything to do with it. Successful people deal with failure. They tackle their demons head on. They pick themselves up and keep going.
[ Know Yourself, Don’t self Sabotage, Don’t give up & Wise in next Premium Content ]