Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 01/14
Leadership isn’t easy. You’ll have to make some sacrifices. Do you feel the “risk” is worth the “reward”? (sacrifices vs satisfaction & fulfillment)
1. Your Reputation is on-the-line. You get most of the “credit” – if you succeed (unless you share it). You take most of the “blame” if it fails. Are you willing to “risk” you reputation? How strongly do you feel about it?
2. You’re responsible for the Success of others. You have to figure out how to train, motivate & mentor them to meet their goals. Do you get regular feedback on how they’re doing? Do you do little corrections along the way or sometimes have a big, bad surprise?
3. Others have “High Expectations” of you – both your management & those you manage. They expect you to have the wisdom of Solomon (or Mr Wiz4biz), the patience of Job, the courage of Alexander the Great, the compassion of Mother Theresa & the perseverance of Patton.
4. You have to make “tuff” Choices – that have a big effect on others – hiring, salaries, promotions, down-sizing, & making other significant changes to product or personnel.
5. Managing “big” Egos, because a lot of your best people have them. They’re aggressive or assertive, high energy & strong-willed. They’re often competitive among themselves. Sometimes you have to resolve their conflicts. Your goal is to bring them together – so they cooperate as a team – and you meet your organization’s Goals.
6. Working “extra” is often the norm, because you have the responsibility to make decisions – which often requires a lot of research & other info gathering. You also have to try to meet deadlines & backup others when they’re not available.
7. Sometimes there’s lots of Outside Activities – heavy Travel, talking to Sponsors, Investors & Customers, Conferences, Trade Shows, etc. But you’re also expected to keep up your “inside” activities to meet your Goals.
8. Emotional Stress. A lot of the key responsibilities of the organization seems to rest on your shoulders. Every organization wants more $$, reduced costs, pleased customers/clients – with outstanding Products and/or Services. Your personal life (ie, family, friends, hobbies) wants part of your time too. This time reduces stress. You have to determine what balance is “best” and still meet the “test” of making your goals. Now, Go for it !!!
Comments: Do you have any ideas on Responsibility?