suggested by a Linked In article of 18 Aug 14 & re-written by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
If you manage people, you have a lot on your plate. You’ve got your own work to do, but you need to pay attention to the following:
1. Enthusiasm, because it is contagious. Enthusiastic people are more open to creative ideas to make work better & come up with new products & new customers.
2. Planning ahead, saves you time in the future. You’ll have much less fires to put out. If you need to, you can adjust your plan to changing situations.
3. Communicate, your expectations in a simple & concise manner. Get feedback – if needed – to assure you’re understood. Communicate progress on Projects & the Vision of your organization.
4. Listening will often give you valuable info, to help you manage more effectively. By listening, you’re sending the message that you care and have a more “loyal” & motivated following.
5. Praise, when you see an above average job being done. That will make them feel appreciated and motivate them to higher achievement.
6. ACT vs Re-Act. Being a Pro-active and being Pre-active helps to minimize the situations where you need to Re-Act – to put out the fire. Monitoring your projects & people allow you to “respond” – instead of “react” – and make adjustments to keep “on track” to your target.
7. Empower your people, so they will be able to make the little, on-the-spot, decisions, to free you up for more strategic decisions. If you’ve created a good relationship, they will come to you with any significant decisions.
If you practice the above techniques, your people will be more motivated to help you & the organization. Then you’ll find your management much more effective.
Comments: Do you have any ideas on how to make your Management more effective?