from Managing for Dummies 10/13 by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Why? to establish “good” Relations with your Employees, be good at Praising !!!
1. As soon as possible [ASAP] so the situation is fresh in their mind – will have more of an impact.
2. Sincere – when they really deserve it. It lets them know you really appreciate what they do and gives them feedback on how they’re doing. It makes them feel good.
3. Specific – so they can fully understand what the praise is related to. They see how their action had a (+) impact.
4.Personal = in-person, face-to-face, because you want to show that – you realize the importance of their behavior and want to thank them “personally”.
5. All (+) Positive – Don’t counter-act your Praise by adding in a Criticism – particularly if it’s minor. Convey the Criticism at a different time and make it a better way of doing things, than a criticism. Criticism when you Praise, could reduce or eliminate the Praise.
6. be Pre-Active – or you’ll have to be “re-active” and have to respond to problems later. Listen to what’s happening in your organization and also “walk-about” to “Catch people doing things right” and praise them on the spot. You’ll both feel good and they’ll be even motivated to do their best, because it’s recognized & appreciated.
7. Long-Term Benefits – “A little Praise goes a long way !!! It only takes a little while to Praise, but the effect will last for a long time and help motivation, creativity, productivity & their pride in their work. A praise culture of an organization, makes working together a more enjoyable experience for every one !!!
Comments: Is there anything you can add to this?