Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 7/13
“You need to keep up or you’ll be left behind.”
As Manager or Owner of an organization, you not only have to make sure operations are running smoothly now, but also prepare for the future. Don’t get distracted by just putting out the fires of the daily operations. Think about a little Fire Prevention and what could be the Flames that will light the way – in the future?
1. Keep on Top of Trends. What are the Trends in your Industry? How is your Target Market changing? Do you need to do some Research to characterize it, to be able to make a decision about what to do about it?
2. Instead of a Chimp, be a Champ! Be a Champion of Change. From your Research, be aggressive in preparing your organization to handle the Trend. It’s a new opportunity. Whoever responds the fastest, will have a head-start on the market.
3. Hire & Reward the Best & Brightest. These winners will help you best prepare for the future. Identify opportunities, then check out which are the most beneficial to your organization + the most feasible. Implement those.
4. Counsel, Train, Reprimand or Terminate, those that wont keep up with your changes. Don’t waste your time, energy or $$, trying to pull them – kicking & screaming – into the future. If they wont or can’t help you move forward, they have to be left behind. Or better still, help them get jobs with your competition !!!
5. Think Globally, Act Locally. First develop your market locally, to get all the “bugs” out of your product and how to supply your Target Market. Then take your unique niche’ to the world. They’re only as far away as the Internet – which has made the whole World like a local community.
6. Innovate or Abdicate. Keep getting better, cheaper and/or faster or you’ll lose Market Share to those that do.
[ Investing in Future + Innovation, Complacency, Sunk Costs in Premium Content ]