Quotes by Successful Startups
from Entrepreneur Zine 25 Jan 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
The Challenge. Startups have always been hard. Even when you think you are putting in your best, it may not be enough to pull it off. Truthfully, > 90% fail. But don’t give up on your dream just yet. If you really believe that you have something amazing to share with the world (and there is a market for it), go for it. Don’t be discouraged by the number of times you have tried & failed, but be inspired by the number of people who have failed and bounced back as successful entrepreneurs. Here are some of the most important insights from amazing founders on building a great startup.
1. “User experience is everything. It always has been, but it’s still under-valued & under-invested in. Obsess over it. Live & breathe it. Get your whole company on board.” Evan Williams, co-founder of Twitter
2. “No growth hack, brilliant marketing idea, or sales team can save you long-term if you don’t have a sufficiently good product.” Sam Altman, president of Y Combinator
3. “The product that wins is the one that bridges customers to the future, not the one that requires a giant leap.” , Aaron Levie, co-founder of Box
4. “The last 10% it takes to launch, takes as much energy as the first 90%.” Rob Kalin, co-founder of Etsy
5. “Mistakes will not end your business. If you are nimble and willing to listen to constructive criticism you can excel by learning and evolving.” Meridith Rojas, co-founder and CEO of DigiTour Media
6. “Make your team feel respected, empowered and genuinely excited about the company’s mission.” Tim Westergren, co-founder of Pandora
7. “Make something people want” includes making a company that people want to work for.” –Sahil Lavingia, founder of Gumroad.
8. “As an Entrepreneur, you have to be OK with failure. If you’re not failing, you’re likely not pushing yourself hard enough.” Alexa von Tobel, founder of LearnVest
9. “Micro-manage the process, not the people.” Joe Apfelbaum, co-founder of Ajax Union
10. “The secret to successful hiring is, look for the people who want to change the world.” –Marc Benioff, founder of Salesforce
11. “The odds of getting from launch to liquidity without some kind of disaster happening are one in a thousand. So don’t get demoralized.” Paul Graham, co-founder of Y Combinator
12. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” –Anthony Volodkin, founder, Hype Maching
13. “If some things are not failing, you are not innovating enough. Failure hurts, but it’s your response to it that matters ” Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX & Tesla
14. “I think not focusing on money makes you sane, because in the long run it can probably drive you crazy.” –Kevin Systrom, co-founder of Instagram
15. “We must learn what customers really want, not what they say they want or what we think they should want.” Tony Morgan, author of The Lean Startup
16. “Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession – something you love.” Mark Cuban, Shark Tank
17. “Sustaining a successful business is a hell of a lot of work, and staying hungry is half the battle.” Wendy White, co-founder & CEO of MoonFruit
Comments: Do you have an good Quotes for Startups?