from Think Grow Think.com 3/08 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 5/14
HARD WORK vs. LUCK
10) “Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison, founder of General Electric (GE)
11) “I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it.” – Colonel Sanders, founder of KFC
12) “Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is.” – Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop
14) “Life is really simple as far as I’m concerned. There is no luck, you work hard and study things intently. If you do that for long and hard enough you’re successful.” – Jason Calacanis, founder of Weblogs, Inc.
15) “When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success, than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash, founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
16) “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you “almost” get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you, because all that matters in business is that you get it right “just once”. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban, owner – Dallas Mavericks, co-founder of Broadcast.com, founder of HDNet, judge on Shark Tank.
17) “Entrepreneurs are risk takers, willing to roll the dice with their $$ or “reputation” on the line, in support of an idea or enterprise. They willingly assume responsibility for the success or failure of a venture and are answerable for all its facets.” – Victor Kiam, owner of Remington Products
[ 7 more GUIDING PRINICIPLES & SATISFACTION in final Premium Content ]