from Inc.com Zine 12/15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Who is Richard Brandson? Is one of the most flamboyant–and successful–entrepreneurs in the world. The founder of a long string of “Virgin” companies, from Virgin Records to Virgin Atlantic Airways to Virgin Mobile–and many others–Richard Branson continues to push the limits. In 2004, he founded Virgin Galacic, which is the world’s first commercial Space Travel line. Consider these powerful words that can lead you to success.
1. “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge seemingly un-achievable challenges and trying to conquer them.”
2. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming along, if you miss the first one.”
3. “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit.”
4. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, falling down, then getting up and trying again.”
5. “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind – whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.”
6. “To launch a business means successfully solving problems. Solving problems means listening to what people need & want.”
7. “My definition of success? The more you’re actively & practically engaged, the more successful you will be.”
8. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas & focusing on the essentials of building a business.”
9. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day.'”
10. “I’m prepared to try anything once. I might have an experience I really like.”
11. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had. Every day I’m learning something new.”
12. “Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business.
13. “I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.”
14. “A business has to be involving you & others. It has to be fun to be enjoyable. It has to exercise your creative instincts
15. “To be successful, you have to be out there. You have to hit the ground running. If you have a good team around you, and more than a fair share of luck, you might make something happen. But you certainly can’t guarantee it just by following someone else’s formula – even mine.”
16. “As much as you need a strong personality to build a business from scratch, you also must understand the art of delegation. I have to be good at helping people run the individual businesses, and I have to be willing to step back. The company must be set up, so it can continue without you.”
17. “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into a business, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.”
18. “A business is simply an idea to make other people’s lives better.”
19. “I believe that boring jobs – that leads to clock-watching, are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn Entrepreneural spirit – that lives within most of us”.
Comments: Do you have any Quotes you could add?