RU Worthless, Impossible & Stupid #2
How contrarian Entrepreneurs create & capture Extraordinary Value !!!
from USA Today 8/08/13 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz 13/13
Examples of highly-successful Entrepreneurs profiled in the book include:
· Vinod Kapur: founder and CEO of Kegg Farms, a company in India which developed a new breed of chicken that is bigger, healthier and produces more eggs than regular chickens. “Kuroiler” eggs are sold as premium products in urban centers, and provide both income & much-needed extra protein for poor farmers in remote, rural areas.
· Sean & Michael Dimin: co-founders and co-CEOs of Sea to Table, a direct marketer of fresh seafood from the waters of North and Central America. The fish that are now “quick-shipped” direct to high-end New York restaurants, used to go to waste because it could not be sold before it spoiled.
· Robert Wessman: former CEO of Actavis, once a small generic pharmaceutical company based in Iceland that is now the world’s 4th-leading generics pharmaceutical maker with plants and offices in 60 countries. Wow, what humble beginnings !!!
· John (Jay) Rogers: founder of Local Motors, a Phoenix-based company that crowd-sources automotive designs and then charges customers an average of $60,000 apiece to build their own “Dream Cars” in small manufacturing facilities scattered throughout the U.S.
· Gabi Meron: founder & former CEO of Given Imaging – an Israel-based company that produces a tiny medical imaging device enclosed in a capsule. The video pill takes pictures on its way through a patient’s small intestine, and is much less expensive, dangerous & invasive than traditional endo-scopy.
· Miguel Davila, Adolfo Fastlicht, & Matt Heyman: co-founders and co-CEOs of CineMex, Mexico’s first high-end movie theater chain. It now the country’s leading multi-screen Cinema developer & operator.
[ Micro-Finance, a Tough Mudder + Risks & Rewards, in next Premium Content ]