Schmooze or Lose ?1?
Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz 6/13
“It’s not what you know or who you know, it’s who knows you”
What is Schmoozing? Getting to know a person, so you can figure out what favor you could do for them, because you might want a favor later.
1. Mingle – Face-to-Face, because it’s not a waste. Actually, it’s best for the human race. Get to know interesting people that you may want to add to your Network now – who may come in “value”-able later.
2. Prepare to Schmooze. There are many Online resources to find out which event you’d like to attend. Does it match your interests? Have the right type of people? Will you have a lot in common with them, so you can have areas of interest? Prepare to introduce yourself. Depending on the situation, use your “Elevator speech” or a shortened version.
3. Network at every opportunity you get: Meetups, Mixers, Professional & Social activities.
4, Approach the Loners, rather than try to join a conversation. They’ll appreciate the attention and will open up to you more, because they feel you’re someone who cares.
5. Start with a Smile & a “Hi or Hello”, I’m Peter, a Business Consultant. (name, what you do). Then ask them, “What do you do?
6. Ask good Questions, then Shut-up & Listen. (ie, “How long have you been in your profession?) Your object is to get the other person to open up, so you can find common areas and something to do for them.
7a. With Men, You can start off with the local Sports Teams to break the ice. Know a little about each Team, so you can carry on a conversation. Then you can ask “What do you do?
[Passion, Reading, Follow-up and more continued in Premium Content]