Take the Test & find out !!!
from Bootstrap Mentors.com 03/13 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz
There are some key essential Attributes of people who are entrepreneurs. There are strong internal drivers that compel people to create their own business. Here is a quick test, to help you find out if you have the stuff. There are no right or wrong answers but the response to each question has to be a clear yes or no. Be brutally honest with yourself.
1. I always see new & better ways to do things.
2. I am always buying good books and getting advice to help me improve
3. I am ecstatic by achieving results
4. I am good at getting people together in order to get things done.
5. I am impulsive in nature
6. I am rarely satisfied or complacent.
7. I can usually work my way out of a difficult situation.
8. I can’t sit still, I have lots of energy
9. I do not like to follow the rules of doing things
10. I don’t like being told what to do by people who are less capable than I am.
11. I enjoy trying new things whenever possible
12. I get an rush from convincing people of my principles or solutions.
13. I have family and/or friends that run their own businesses.
14. I don’t like simple things; I prefer a challenge.
15. I like being my own boss and doing things my way.
16. I like the thrill of speed & adventure.
17. I like to question conventional wisdom.
18. I like to always do my best and win.
19. I love solving problems
20. I worked after school and during vacations when I was young.
21. I would rather fail at my own thing than succeed at someone else’s.
22. Other people get excited when I tell them about my ideas.
23. When I’m interested in a project, I need less sleep
24. I’m willing to persist on a problem, till I have it solved and produce the results I want.
Test Results. If you answered “yes” on 19 or more (80%) of these questions, you have what it takes. If you are not already running your own business, it is time for start searching. What do you like to do them most: How can you make a business out of it?
Funding for your fun. Do you have a little extra cash in the bank and several credit cards? Do you have a spouse, partner, friends, or kids who will cheer you on or may even invest in your business?
Why do it? Entrepreneurs are not necessarily less risk-averse; they just simply measure it different. They make different value decisions on their lifestyle like regular salary vs. boredom. In the end, people who are meant to be entrepreneurs believe that their own abilities (ie, leadership, resourcefulness, courage, hard work) or assets (ie, money, intellectual property, information, access to customers) significantly mitigate the risks of entrepreneurship. Risk is ultimately a personal assessment: what is risky for me is not risky for you.
Similarly entrepreneurs are not usually in it for the money. People who set up their own businesses don’t always make more money, although a few do succeed in a big way. But for most – the challenge, autonomy, recognition, excitement, & creativity — make it all worthwhile.
Comment: What did you think of the Test? How did you do?