Startup Advise from a great Brit #1
Our speaker for this Entrepreneur Meetup of 1/24/13 was Nigel Johnson/Founder, Reclipse Group of Mgt Consultants to Startups & Turnarounds – from unknows to Apple & Starbucks. He also has worked as a Mfg, QA & Systems Engr in US & UK. Peter/Organizer
1) What are you best at?
2) What do you want in life?
3) What do people need?
4) How can you fit all these, into a business?
Key Elements of your Processes
1) People, because they produce your product & are the face of your organization to your Customer
2) Product. Developing a Product that meets the needs of your Target Market to the price, quality & reliability level they want
3) Sales & Marketing. finding out what the Customer needs, then delivering it to them at a cost they are willing to pay, on a timely basis. Informing the Market of your availability & benefits. Getting feedback from Customers on their “satisfaction” with your products.
4) Production. of Products or services to meet the Customer’s needs on a cost-effective basis. Maintaining the quality of products thru the production & delivery cycle.
– Data. Using the latest “proven” technology to monitor the performance of your organization (ie, cost of production, Cash Flow from Sales, Expenses, etc) to determine the success of the company and to make adjustments to achieve objectives. creating a Vision of what you want to do
– having a Passion for it and being driven to provide excellence
– being Customer-centric to find out what your Customers needs
5) being Supplier-sensitive to pick high quality Suppliers.
(for a continuation of this Article go to Premium Content)