from eHow.com 04/15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Marketing is a crucial part of starting & growing your business. A successful Marketing Plan allows your company to convince customers to purchase your products or services, plus raises your brand recognition among your target audience. As you develop marketing strategies for your business, consider how you can use promotional tools that fit within your budget and reach potential customers when they are most receptive. Effective marketing can boost your sales & profits, and contribute to business success.
1. Know your Audience. One of the most important foundations of a marketing plan is a solid knowledge of your target customer. List the types of people who would be in the market for your type of product or service, and do research to gather additional information. Find statistical data about consumer buying behaviors, economic information and criteria for decision-making [What are they looking for?] Collect information about the habits, preferences, & goals of your target audience.
2. Research your Competitors. Find out how to “stand out” from other companies that are selling similar products or services, by getting to know them. Collect brochures, look at their websites, and take note of how they present their unique selling points. Compare your products to your competitors’ products and identify the reasons a customer should choose yours above all the others.
3. Determine Marketing Strategies – to achieve your business goals. Write a Marketing Plan that explains the results of your audience analysis and market research, plus explains how your product or service will stand out from the competitive crowd. Conclude the report with a section that explains the marketing activities you will undertake to implement your company’s Strategic Plan and business Goals. Develop a schedule that uses each marketing activity as a milestone (within a specific time), making sure that your marketing budget will cover each activity. If you’re not an expert in Marketing, have one review your plan.
4. Design Marketing Materials – that speak to your target audience. Focus on the needs of your customers and write copy that explains clearly how your product or service will benefit them. Based on your audience analysis, use language, images and graphics that appeal to the ideal customer. If you’re not an expert in Marketing, have one review your Marketing Material.
5. Establish a Presence across a variety of Media. In the beginning of a marketing launch, you can try out a variety of efforts to find the ones that will be the most effective for your target audience. After sufficient time, monitor the success of each strategy and eliminate those that do not achieve results and a high return on investment. If you’re not an expert in Marketing, have one advise you on your strategy and results – to be the most effective with your spending and results.
Comments: Do you have any other ideas regarding marketing?