for Women or anyone that wants to start their own business. Compiled by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz 1/13
If US-based, woman-owned, Business were their own country, they would have the 5th largest GDP in the world – barely trailing Germany, but ahead of France, UK & Italy. How are you finding & developing your business?
0. What do you have to Offer? What do you love to do? What are you Passionate about? Can you make a business out of it?
1. A Dream – If you won the Lottery, what would you do with no $$ limitations. What have you always wanted to do? Just do it !!! Will it make a difference in the world? If so, it’s even more important that you do it.
2. The Idea. Do you have an Idea for a Product or Service? Share it with others and see what they think. Listen to their feedback. Adopt what you like. What do you have a passion about? How can you make something better?
3. Research similar products/ services and figure out how you can be better, unique. Build it; Try it among potential Customers. If they like it as-is; Go for it !!!. If they have ideas for making it better, listen to them. Integrate the ones you like. If they don’t like your procuct, maybe it’s best to just ignore them.
4. Get Help in any area where you are not an expert. People love to give advice – to help out. They’ll feel good about it and it will help you too.
5. Value. What does the Competition charge for their similar Product/ Service? What would you’d be willing to pay for your Product/ Service? Ask your Advisors, their opinion.
6. Launch. Now that you’ve got something people want, what’s the best way to get it to them. You may not have the expertise to determine this or do this, so get a Marketing Expert to help you thru what’s best for your product.
7. Service. We cannot over-emphasize the important of Customer Support. It has to be easy to install and start using your product. You must totally support your Customers to lead them thru this or any problems they have. If they have a good experience, they’ll tell a few others. If they have a bad experience with your product, they’ll tell 10x as many people. You can see the “value” of good support.
Comments: Are there other things you think we should add to this?