Using your Intuition more vs Logic
Our Speaker for 07 July 11 Entrepreneur Meetup was Tom Van Drielan, CEO of 3 on-going Businesses – who is just starting his 5th Biz – tho’ he was going to retire 5 years ago. Personal Introductions of each attendee were unusual, because we each talked about what our life would be like when we’re 70.
The main area that Tom talked about was “Using your Intuition more”. The approach to Business is changing from “What can I get?” (ie, money) to “What can I give” (ie, helping others)
A. How are you thinking? Most of us are “technical types” that think “analytically”. It’s important to get sufficient facts, but we need to use more of our “Intuition” to make our final decisions.
B. How to be a Success?
1) find something you really like to do (have a passion for it) and figure out how you can earn money doing it.
2) create a Vision of what you want to do and think of “visualize” this Vision often
3) create an Action Plan of Goals & Steps of how you can accomplish your Vision.
4) have Gratitude for the results that you receive and accept them as is (or with minor modification) or decide you want some different results (change your Vision). Then change your Steps, Monitor their outcome and see if you get the results you want.
5) have an Un-Waivering Faith that you will accomplish your Goals & Vision, to have your dream
C. What Techniques can I use?
1) Immersion: learn all you can; do all you can – to become the “expert”
2) Repetition: keep doing as often as possible to keep getting better
3) use all your Brain – both the analytical & intuitive sides to have a more complete experience
4) Habit Check to examine a habit you hadn’t evaluated before, to change it
5) Hawaiian practice of Ho O Pono Pono – reconciliation & forgiveness – to make things right
D. How to form new Habits
1) use your own Stuff [Product/ Service] so you have a better understanding of what a Customer would experience
2) sell some Stuff (sell everyone who will listen, on how great your product is)
3) Teach others how to do 1 & 2 (viral marketing/ cloning) to spread the word
4) Find & use a Business or Life Coach to get better (ie, Marketing your product, selecting & leading your Team, discovering & eliminating Limiting Beliefs)
5) Learn about Success from Audio Books
6) Train your Mind thru Audio & Books
7) attend Events with inspiring speakers
8) make Friends with high achievers to be motivated
9) Mentor, motivate others
NOTE: this information was summarized & enhanced by Peter, Meetup Organizer] who just turned 70 and is looking forward to many more exciting years running this Entrepreneur Meetup & his Wiz4.biz Blog. Comment on any of this you feel like.