Unleash the Power of Vision in your Company & your Life
from Lead Change Group 02 May 11 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Proverbs says that “Without a Vision People Perish.”
Stephen Covey reminds us to “Begin With The End In Mind.”
What Vision does. “In my personal leadership journey, I’ve found “vision” to be the secret to building synergy, increasing commitment, maximizing results & experiencing incredible joy”: said Author Ken Blancehard. In the second edition of their book Full Steam Ahead, Ken Blanchard & Jesse Lyn Stoner begin by emphasizing their experience with worldwide organizations,
“…We have observed that the biggest impediment to managers becoming great leaders is the lack of a clear vision. Yet less than 10 % of the organizations we have visited, are lead by managers who have a clear sense of where they are trying to lead their people.”
Learning Vision thru a Story. They go on to create an easy to follow story-line that has been skillfully written in such a way that you will begin to “visualize” how to unleash the power of vision in your own company & personal life. Filled with insightful lessons, examples of extraordinary leaders and clear . . .
4 Action Steps you will learn:
· How a clear “purpose” helps you move ahead in spite of obstacles.
· How a “vision” unleashes energy, passion & excitement.
· How a vision “empowers” individuals; and at the same time limits conflict & increases teamwork.
· How to “balance” the creative tension between the current reality and the vision.
And you will be challenged to consider:
· How the leader becomes a “servant” of the vision by frequently reminding people what is really important and removing obstacles.
· How these “lessons” can help people who are seeking to have more work/life balance.
· How important it is to “live in the present”, even if you’re passionate about creating the future.
I don’t know too many organizations today that are content with their current results, if you are one of them and you want to have more energy, ignite more creativity, experience more synergy and make a greater impact on your mission – Get the book, read it, study it, refer to it often. You are on your way – Full Steam Ahead!
Comments: What did you think of the Book?