What is “Good Business” ???
Authored by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (a Hungarian psychology professor) Don’t you hope his name is not in a Spelling contest? Wiz4biz 2/14
………………. Leadership, Flow & the Making of Meaning
Book Review (enhanced by Wiz4biz). Disillusionment is running rampant in a workplace drowned in the wake of grossly fraudulent business practices from industry giants like Enron, Worldcom, & Xerox, a struggling stock market and the highest unemployment rates in decades. But leading the way on a new crusade to focus on ethics instead of revenues and nurturing work environments instead of layoffs, is from this Author of several books, (including “Flow” and most recently, “Good Business”.
Author’s Approach is: “While the book draws primarily on the experience of leaders of major corporations, it is really about how to improve one’s work life at any level—from marketing to management. It tries to provide a context for a meaningful life in which work and the pursuit of financial rewards can find their proper places. This book will discuss what it means to be a good leader, a good manager and a good worker.”
What Is Flow? (also see Author’s book by the name of “Flow”) Basically, a state of optimal performance in which the challenges presented to a worker and the skills possessed by the worker are matched. But there’s more.
How does it Feel to be in the Flow?
1. Goals are clear, so you know what you’re going for. Then you can plan how to get there.
2. Feedback is immediate, because you know how if you have met your milestones. If now you can make adjustments or change the Goals
3. A Balance between Opportunity Capacity. There are millions of opportunities out there. Which one can you handle? Which one is them most fun? Which one will have the best payoff of your time & effort?
4. Concentration deepens, & Focus is narrow as a Laser. You get what needs to be done and are not distracted by diversions/
5. The Present is what matters. You’re focusing on what needs to be done now. If you have 2nd thought, re-examine your Goals and see if they’re still exactly as you want them.
[ Control, Time, Ego, Conclusion, Experience, Chasing the Dollar, in Premium Content ]