from Entrepreneur.com 03 Mar 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Every entrepreneur has a different story about why he or she decided to start a business. Some have known from day one that they wanted to work for themselves and others come up with ideas while working for someone else and decide to take the entrepreneurial leap. Most business owners will agree on one thing – being an entrepreneur is great. There are endless reasons for this, and every entrepreneur will have his or her own personal reasons as well. Here are 60 reasons, in no particular order, why I think entrepreneurship is amazing.
1. You have full Control over your destiny. You call the shots and make the decisions that ultimately determine the success or failure of your business. Nobody will get in the way of your vision.
2. Entrepreneurs are Innovators. Think of all the new technology and ideas that have come to life over the past few years. Those were all once just an idea – but amazing entrepreneurs brought those ideas to life.
3. You become part of a Family. The entrepreneurial culture is almost like a big family – and you won’t find a better group of people willing to offer advice and help – than fellow entrepreneurs.
4. You Control who represents your Brand. The team you surround yourself with plays a major role in your success — you can assemble a team of like-minded individuals that share your same drive & passion.
5. No Dress Code. CEO and Founder of Vivint, Todd Pedersen, recently on “Undercover Boss”, stated that he wears a company-branded baseball hat daily. He is the boss — he can wear whatever he wants.
6. You have the opportunity to Change Lives. Have an idea for a product or service that has the potential to make a huge impact? Go for it — nothing is stopping you!
7. You have Full Control over your Workspace. Do you excel in a creative environment? Want an office with dry-erase paint so you can draw on the walls and a full espresso bar to keep you full of caffeine? Make it happen!
8. It provides a Rush that is hard to duplicate. There is no greater shot of adrenaline than the one you receive after reaching a goal and knowing you worked extremely hard to get to that point.
9. You serve as a Role Model. As an entrepreneur, people will look up to you. You have the ability to be a role model for family, friends, employees and community members. Your success serves as motivation & inspiration.
10. You will never be Bored. There is always something to do and you will more than likely always have a mile long to-do list. Every day presents new challenges & opportunities to keep you on your toes.
11. Freedom to Travel. Modern technology, remote employees and the Internet allow you the freedom to travel while still running your business. Being able to see the world – while creating an amazing company – is a realistic possibility.
12. There is no Age Barrier. Entrepreneurs are starting at very young ages — some straight out of college, some while still in high school and even children as young as 9 years old that wanted to create more healthy treats.
13. Your Mind will always be Active. Every single decision that involves your business is your responsibility, from the initial concept and branding to the growth and goal setting.
14. The Satisfaction of saying you’re a Business Owner. It is a great feeling to be able step back and say, “This is my company,” while proudly holding your head up. Being an entrepreneur takes an incredible amount of work — those few words feel so good coming out of your mouth.
15. Go Cubicle-free. Entrepreneurs have total freedom to roam, create, delegate & work. There are no cubicles or desks to be tied to all day.
16. No Blame Game. As an entrepreneur, there is no finger-pointing when something goes wrong. Knowing every decision that I make daily directly impacts my business.
17. You never feel Under-Valued. If you have ideas to make the business better you can implement them right away — you don’t have to hope that someone in a higher position will give you the time of day and listen to your suggestions.
18. Creating “Something from Nothing”. Every business starts as an idea. You get to create it from the ground up.
19. Opportunity to make a better Product. Have an idea to make something better, faster, cheaper? Make it happen!
20. Spend more time with Family. Entrepreneurs with children have the ability to adjust their schedules to attend school functions and activities.
21. You get out what you put in. If you are willing to work harder than anyone else, you will be rewarded accordingly. Want to experience more growth & opportunities? Simply work harder.
22. Provide Opportunities for Family. Many will say that mixing family & business partnerships is a bad idea (and I agree) — but this is less of an issue when talking about an employer/employee relationship.
23. Opportunity to “Give Back”. Owning a business gives you the opportunity to support local charity events, local schools & nonprofit organization. Being able to make a difference in your community is a great feeling.
24. Become Healthier. A flexible schedule allows you to create a fitness routine and stick to it. Hit the gym early in the morning, at lunch or in the evening — whatever works for you.
25. Enjoy your Hobbies. As long as you “do the work” and give 100 % when in work mode, your free time can be spent doing the things you love. Being an entrepreneur provides you with the ability to enjoy your hobbies more.
26. You Contribute to Society. You can directly impact society by introducing a service or product that people benefit from.
27. No more frantically checking the Time – all the time. How many times does the 9-to-5 crowd check the clock daily? Often. As an entrepreneur, your time management balance is key. Your day ends when your tasks and responsibilities have made the progress you want.
28. You Report to nobody. There is no boss to report to and you don’t have to get expense requests approved. If you want to do something you believe will help your business, there is no red tape to navigate through.
29. It’ll be one of the biggest Challenges you will face. Leading a company and team members on a growth path is a huge challenge. The obstacles you face along the way will provide you with an experiences you won’t find anywhere else.
Comment: What do you think so far? Reason 30-60 in Premium Content